Search similar:

uniqs

tweeter123
@comcast.net

tweeter123

Anon

Moving to Bay Area - interested in Sonic Service

Hello all,

I will be moving to the Bay Area within 6 weeks and would like to get Sonic as my ISP ( I don't ever want to deal with Comcast again). Looks like I'm about 7,000 feet from the CO...what kind of speeds should I expect to get at that distance?

Also, how much do taxes/fees add to the $39.99 plan? Since I won't be using the phone line that is included with this deal ( I have been cell only for many years) is there any plan with Internet only?

I'm thinking about moving to Oakland near Jack London Square.

Thanks,
John

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

There is a FAQ in this forum:

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ne ··· e_device

The scattergram shows some few getting just about 4 mb/s service, and another few getting near 16 mb/s service. But the average seems clustered right around 10 mb/s.

Because of variables, I'd say there is no predicting. Just order service, and see what you get. If it is less than 10 mb/s, or so, work with tech support, and see if they can work an improvement.

tweeter123
@myvzw.com

tweeter123

Anon

Thank you Norman. Very helpful. Do you know how much taxes and fees add to the monthly total?
drizzle
join:2002-06-14
Palo Alto, CA

drizzle

probably around $10
scroll down to examples in item 14
»sonic.net/solutions/home ··· es_fees/

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to tweeter123

MVM

to tweeter123
As stated by drizzle See Profile: Mine run between $10 and $11. I also did two things, one of which adds $1.95 to the bill. I configured for a single static IP address (new; free). And set up DNS for one domain (for $1.95 a month DNS for that domain points to my IP address).

tweeter123
@myvzw.com

tweeter123

Anon

You guys rock - thanks again! Looking forward to my move and to finally have an alternative to Comcast!

Tobester
join:2000-11-14
San Francisco, CA

Tobester

Hi Tweeter,

Welcome to the Sonic forum.

You should also join DSLReports.com once you get settled.

All of us in the forum will be wanting to know your experiences and what kind of speeds you achieve

All the Best,
Tobester