Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

VM Broadband2Go MC760 Device $39 OfficeMax

OfficeMax will be offering the device for $39 on their Black Friday sale-Friday and Saturday.

Wal-Mart recently reduced the price to $59.88.

Depending on your needs, could be a good deal. ($50 monthly fee, 2.5GB full speed)

However, sometimes you can find the AT&T Mifi on sale for $49, with 5GB 3G for $40 month. (definately have better AT&T reception here).

laserfan

join:2005-01-14
Texas

Do you (or anyone) know if, upon a MC760 failure, another MC760 can be substituted under the same plan? I've got a "grandfathered" original $40 Unlimited plan, but worry about how Virgin would treat an MC760 failure. $39 bucks would be a cheap backup to leave on-the-shelf...

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

If it's less than 12 months since purchase they will replace it under warranty.

If you add on a new device (replacement or new) it should retain your plan.

The $40-5gig-then-throttle is tied to the account, not the device.

laserfan

Texas

said by dib22:

...tied to the account, not the device.

Not sure how you would know this, but I'm enough of a believer to pop for $39 bucks anyway!

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

said by laserfan:

Not sure how you would know this, but I'm enough of a believer to pop for $39 bucks anyway!

We'll to be honest I am not 100% sure, but I have swapped out devices under warranty BEFORE they killed off the 40 plan. I just assume it holds true.

Checking their statements they implied the only way to loose the $40/5Gig would be to change plans, or not have an active plan for more than 12 months.

laserfan

Texas

Your candor is very much appreciated, thank you dib22.