Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn to eagz28

MVM

to eagz28

Re: [DVR] motorola vip1216 dvr?

said by eagz28:

here is another site that sells motorola boxes and says released by provider they cant be all stolen
»hdtvsales.ca/home.php?cat=342
thanks

You can keep asking, and put any spin on it you want, but the answer will always be the same. It's different in Canada where you can buy a box in Canada and have it activated in Canada. You can't buy a box from Canada, and have it activated in the U.S.
eagz28
join:2011-11-08
Sewell, NJ

eagz28

im not asking.the laws are changing, cable companys will
have to supply cards for private boxes.read on

»thedigitalmediazone.com/ ··· ust-8th/

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

1 recommendation

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by eagz28:

im not asking.the laws are changing, cable companys will
have to supply cards for private boxes.read on

»thedigitalmediazone.com/ ··· ust-8th/

Yes that the law if you own a Tivo Moxie or PC cable tuner a legally bought and owned boxed. A Motorola box is not a legally bought box.
Tell us where and how do these company you keep mentioning get the boxes when Motorola only sell them to the cable companies.
I guess if some one stole your car and offered to sell it back to you would pay the thief.
eagz28
Sewell, NJ

eagz28

you would have to ask them where they get them. thats not my problem.i was just shopping .i already use my laptop to store vids and have atuner for it.moxie is probably what ill end up with.as far as someone taking my car id hunt them down.
Chris

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by eagz28:

you would have to ask them where they get them. thats not my problem.i was just shopping .i already use my laptop to store vids and have atuner for it.moxie is probably what ill end up with.as far as someone taking my car id hunt them down.
Chris

Guess how they get them. You said when asked about, stealing your car you would hunt them but yet you want Comcast to activate a box that belongs to them for free.
If the Moxe would transfer programs to my pc I would have bought one of them instead of a Tivo.
eagz28
Sewell, NJ

eagz28

first off i dont want comcast to do anything, besides maybe not charging me 200 a month forever.second the box i got DOES NOT belong to comcast i called.not all motorola boxes
belong to comcast!third comcast does nothing for free when i get a box im sure there will be an additional charge!
chris

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er

moto in the US, does not sell their boxes to the public.....period....

so either they are bringing them in to the US from canada, or they are stolen....might not be from comcast, but someone is looking for them....

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger to eagz28

Premium Member

to eagz28
said by eagz28:

first off i dont want comcast to do anything, besides maybe not charging me 200 a month forever.
chris

I never have paid the the full price. I call retention and get the rates down for the next year.
said by eagz28:

second the box i got DOES NOT belong to comcast i called.not all motorola boxes
belong to comcast!
chris

You still have not answered my question on how do they get the boxes when they are only sold to the cable company. Only in Canada can they buy them.
said by eagz28:

third comcast does nothing for free !
chris

I meant to say you want comcast to activate a illegally gotten box and not pay a dvr fee for it.
said by eagz28:

when i get a box im sure there will be an additional charge!
chris

If you get a moxie You will need to a cable card. The moxe only use 1 card so that should be free. They may no outlet or $8.00 out fee

At one time I had 2 tivos with 2 tuners each none where Motorola or sa boxes. I am now down to 1 tivo with 4 tuners in it. like I said before if moxe could transfer programs I would bought them.
If you buy a Motorola box and Comcast will not activate {which they will not} it do not come back crying. You been warned by a lot of people here.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

1 edit

DocDrew to eagz28

Premium Member

to eagz28
said by eagz28:

first off i dont want comcast to do anything, besides maybe not charging me 200 a month forever.second the box i got DOES NOT belong to comcast i called.not all motorola boxes
belong to comcast!third comcast does nothing for free when i get a box im sure there will be an additional charge!
chris

The box you got (Moto VIP 1216) doesn't even has a QAM tuner in it as far as I can see, nor does it have a CableCARD slot, so it won't even work on Comcast or TWC, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, FIOS, etc.... no matter who's it is.

BTW, in Canada the boxes being sold retail, I believe, are actually be sold by the local cable operators through the retailers. The boxes are specifically marked which provider they are meant for, it's not like you can pick up any old box and have it work. This isn't like phone service. The boxes probably already have their private security keys registered with those specific operators and won't work with others. Take a look: »www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/cat ··· d6d7en01

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

Mike Wolf to eagz28

to eagz28
This topic has been discussed at great length, such as here »DCX3400 box for sale on craigslist

secondly I see your thinking of getting a Moxi. I say to you that you have made a very good choice as I have one as well and it really is as amazing as they say.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

This topic has been discussed at great length, such as here »DCX3400 box for sale on craigslist

secondly I see your thinking of getting a Moxi. I say to you that you have made a very good choice as I have one as well and it really is as amazing as they say.

If Moxe could transfer programs to my pc I probably would have went with Moxe then tivo.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

yeah I caught that caddy i don't do that so it was never a worry for me. a shame you wont try one regardless.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

yeah I caught that caddy i don't do that so it was never a worry for me. a shame you wont try one regardless.

I download the programs take out the ads, fillers and credits and then upload back to the premiere. When 24 was showed I would not watch it each week. I download edit it and save to another partitionon on my hard drive. I would edit and join the programs. Once the season was done I would watch 3 hrs a night until done.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

wow, i feel lazy now lol

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

wow, i feel lazy now lol

I should have mention that I'm retired and devorced so I have petty of time to this. It takes me about and 1/2 hr to do 5 programs. If I was not so picky I could download cut the ads and push back to my tivo.
Expand your moderator at work
eagz28
Sewell, NJ

eagz28 to Caddyroger

to Caddyroger

Re: [DVR] motorola vip1216 dvr?

moxie is the way to go got the cable card 1 out of 5 worked
it programs itself the 3 tuners are great 500gb hard drive better have 5 football games saved and its at like 15% full