uniqs
share rss forum feed

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
reply to opp

Re: Analog TV Broadcast; 2/12/2012

I have only seen 2 tivo's that were not hooked up with cable cards (to recieve digital) and they were both in the same house.

There really isnt a demand for it now which is why they dont offer it.

opp

@rr.com
reply to opp
There are a LOT of tivo owners who are just analog with pre series 3's who would upgrade if they didn't have to pay for full blown box.

tim tim tim

Lutz, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
Maybe add it to the other topic with the suggestions for the company. Im certainly not the one who can make it happen, I was just stating from my view, there arent many out there that I see. Most tivo owners I see tend to want the "latest and greatest" so they usually have the newest models.

opp

@rr.com
said by tim tim tim:

Maybe add it to the other topic with the suggestions for the company. Im certainly not the one who can make it happen, I was just stating from my view, there arent many out there that I see. Most tivo owners I see tend to want the "latest and greatest" so they usually have the newest models.

Keep in mind when they buy latest they sell old to someone else. And they aren't having card, TA adapter problems to bring anyone out much less lead techs. Not to mention if like you say sooner or later all digital comes along can have any bugs worked out using people who want it not tons of people who have had it thrust upon them. Why do people here personalize things I was just making statement not shaking my finger and say to anyone in particular you do this. Maybe Bhnexpert can suggest it to Brighthouse but is up to them of course.

opp

@rr.com
reply to opp
I wonder if there is any stats out there, I would bet at least 60% probably more of active tivos are analog cable or OTA judging from ebay screenshots.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:159
reply to cisco kid
said by cisco kid :

The countdown is now under 90 days......BHN extended analog broadcast to 2/12/2012. Other Cable providers that extended the analog thru 2/12/2012 have notified customers that effective 2/12/2012 the analog broadcast will cease and only the digital signal will be broadcast. These companies have notified their customers of this and have advised customers will be provided, free of charge up to 3 Converter boxes (no guide; simply converting Digital to analog so older TV's can still be used.

No word from BHN????? Anyone have any news on this subject? This will impact Customers and given other Cable providers have notified customers....I would have thought BHN Customers would have heard something by now if BHN was going to stop sending the analog signal....

I need to clarify something Cisco. Are you referring to the 3rd anniversary of the DTV transition June 12, 2012?
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

Cisco kid

@rr.com
Thanks for following back up with me. Yes; originally all TV was to be converted to Digital in '09.....and many providers to include BHN decided, or, was granted permission to extend the Broadcasting of the analog signal to Feb 12, 2012.

Will BHN be terminating the analog Signal on 2/12/12 as we were previously notified back in '09? If so, will customers be given Free Converters (just tuners\no Guide, etc).

tim tim tim

Lutz, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
Are you sure that isnt refering to all OTA tv being digital? I dont recall seeing anything saying that the cable companies have to go all digital. I don't see how anyone could enforce that, its the companies product, they should be able to do as they wish.

opp

@rr.com
said by tim tim tim:

Are you sure that isnt refering to all OTA tv being digital? I dont recall seeing anything saying that the cable companies have to go all digital. I don't see how anyone could enforce that, its the companies product, they should be able to do as they wish.

That's what I was wondering, if cisco thought there was date cable companies had to go all digital. Being closed system I'm sure they could have analog as long as they wanted.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to cisco kid
Cisco there appears to be some confusion as it applies to the dates and potential FCC changes. February 12, 2012 has not been set by the FCC as a transition date for anything despite what you might have read. As we approach the 3rd anniversary of the DTV transition (June 12, 2012), the FCC will revisit whether it will continue to require cable operators to carry stations in both analog and digital (as opposed to carrying just in digital format). Either way, this does not mean that cable companies are required to go all-digital in June 2012.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

opp

@rr.com
reply to opp
The FCC will also consider if low power broadcast stations can continue with analog on that date too, that might be what he saw.

Cisco Kid

@rr.com
reply to BHNtechXpert
Thanks; I brought this up because as I wrote, I know of several Cable companies that have notified their customers that they will go all digital effective 2/12/12; these providers are outside the state of Florida. I was wondering if BHN had made any decision one way or the other regarding this.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
Hey no problem and glad I could clear that up for you. I would be curious to know which providers in the USA are actually doing that. Just send me a PM.

Cisco Kid

@rr.com
So then as far as anyone knows at BHN, 2/12/12 will come and go and we will see no difference (yeah)...both signals will be broadcasted as it is today. I know Comcast made the switch to Digital about 2 years ago. The other Cable providers I know that are making the switch to only Digital....Easton Cable (provides Cable to Maryland Eastern Shore)......and another in Hancock, MI

tim tim tim

Lutz, FL
Dont be surprised to see analog go away next year but who knows if,when or where that may take place first.

Cisco kid

@rr.com
With so many analog TV's still in use I for one hope the "when or where" will be many years off.

tim tim tim

Lutz, FL
sorry to say but I highly doubt it will be years off.. maybe A year.

opp

@rr.com
reply to Cisco kid
said by Cisco kid :

With so many analog TV's still in use I for one hope the "when or where" will be many years off.

Are you in Orlando or Tampa?

Cisco kid

@rr.com
Tampa

opp

@rr.com
said by Cisco kid :

Tampa

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I doubt it will happen any time soon. A lot of companies kept some analogs after anyway 20 to 36 locals and some others, TBS, WGN that would want to be on basic analog line up. I don't know what Tampa's line up is but if you look at Orlando's 22 and down makes you think.

opp

@rr.com
Would be a shame if it is anytime soon, except for a couple of channels recently my analog has been better than it has in years.