spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bronxlcsw
join:2005-09-21
Bronx, NY

bronxlcsw

But LTE is freakishly fast....

I am a new verizon subscriber with the new razr by moto. I was floored by the speed test results. about 30mbs form a cell phone?? Thats as fast as my fios. I hopped on the new double the data plan so for 30 dollars i get 4gb instead of 2. But now im thinking i need the 10gb plan.

south1178
Premium Member
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH

south1178

Premium Member

said by bronxlcsw:

I am a new verizon subscriber with the new razr by moto. I was floored by the speed test results. about 30mbs form a cell phone?? Thats as fast as my fios. I hopped on the new double the data plan so for 30 dollars i get 4gb instead of 2. But now im thinking i need the 10gb plan.

If you're only using your phone and not tethering you'll probably never hit 2-4Gb's. I download roms all the time and I'm just barely at 2Gb's this month.
borka
join:2003-04-01
Ponte Vedra, FL

borka to bronxlcsw

to bronxlcsw
But who in the world needs 30mbits on their phone?
im on droid 3. which is 3g and i am perfectly happy, and as long as i get over 1mbps it feels plenty fast.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

MovieLover76 to south1178

to south1178
3 - 6gb is my range, but 3.5 is probably my average and I'm a heavy data user, my advice is to just download the data widget and keep an eye on your usage, even most heavy users should stay within 4gb, unless they are tethering all of the time. Btw, I do tether on occasion.
MovieLover76

MovieLover76 to borka

to borka
For most tasks 3g is sufficient, assuming your not in a market that has a congested 3G network, but if you want to do things like video streaming 4G is very helpful and it does speed up a lot of normal things that you'd do on 3G, streaming music starts faster, web pages load faster. Do you need 30mbit/s on a phone?, no probably not.
But 5 -12 which is what Verizon promotes is very useful instead of 1 - 1.5 in Verizon 3G.

Truth is with more and more smartphones 3G networks are really strained, and slowing down so the carriers need 4G for capacity as 4G is much more spectral efficent , if they stuck with 3G you wouldn't continue to get even 1mbps with the rate of smartphone adoption and the user benefits from the additional speed as well.