Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

rcnman to machpost

Premium Member

to machpost

Re: [TiVo] DC RCN TiVO Q and Preview Launch

said by machpost:

...and random channels continue to be added to my TiVo channel list, even though it hasn't even been in use. While being logged into the TCO Web interface, I can see that even more channels have shown up on the list since this morning.

Can I have someone give you a call to discuss?
bozzy
join:2009-08-25
Simpsonville, SC

bozzy

said by rcnman:

said by machpost:

...and random channels continue to be added to my TiVo channel list, even though it hasn't even been in use. While being logged into the TCO Web interface, I can see that even more channels have shown up on the list since this morning.

This is a known issue with the retail version of the Q (Premiere Elite) as well so it is some type of software bug in 14.9.

machpost
join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC

1 edit

machpost to rcnman

to rcnman
said by rcnman:

said by machpost:

Actually, the line-up seems to be remaining stable this evening, so I'll hold off for now unless it's messed up again tomorrow.

As for channel 603 not showing a signal on the Preview, I'm inclined to run Guided Setup again on that box, to see if it fixes things. A message comes up when I go to do this, instructing me not to proceed if the box was set up by a cable provider, unless instructed to do so. Can I safely perform the Guided Setup on my own without running into trouble?
machpost

machpost to bozzy

to bozzy
said by bozzy:

This is a known issue with the retail version of the Q (Premiere Elite) as well so it is some type of software bug in 14.9.

After reading the thread on tivocommunity.com, it sounds like the "zombie channels" issue is pretty widespread, and that TiVo is well aware of it.