spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dialtone
join:2010-06-19
Mississauga, ON

dialtone

[Cable] Mississauga down again?

Went down think about 2 weeks, not a huge downtime about an hour. Just had it happen again for about the same duration and just reconnected 2 secs ago but this time I jumped the gun and jumped through the hoops at tech support and got a ticket open hope they can cancel it now that its not needed. Anyone else experience the downtime tonight?
grobima
join:2011-05-16

grobima

I am down this morning close to Square One. Don´t know when it started.

xJasonx
@67.224.81.x

xJasonx to dialtone

Anon

to dialtone
My cable internet has been down for about 36 hours. Wasn't working at all yesterday morning and still down this morning. I live near Erin Mills and QEW. Any updates would be great!

noservice2dy
@74.198.87.x

noservice2dy

Anon

Also down for me this morning in the qew/erinmills area....which means no phone either!
grobima

grobima

I am just calling their support. They have a recorded message about cable problems in Mississauga, Ottawa and Toronto. No ETA is provided. I am on hold and will open a ticket anyway.
grobima

grobima

I couldn´t open a ticket because I can´t go through the trouble shooting because I am not at home. I cannot call from home because I only use a VOIP service and no cellphone. Stupid.

xJasonx
@67.224.81.x

xJasonx to dialtone

Anon

to dialtone
This is my first problem with Teksavvy. I called last night to open a ticket but was on hold for over a hour. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my night. I could careless what the issue is I just want it fixed and fixed fast. I am sure there are few people in the same boat as me. Hopefully by the time I get home this issue is resolved but who knows.

LT6669
@bagscanada.com

LT6669 to dialtone

Anon

to dialtone
Out in Square-one area since this morning. Called support to have a ticket opened. Had to do more trouble shooting with tech support as this is what is needed for Rogers ticket issuing policy. Took some time and the tech was nice about my frustration. Hope this will be resolved by the time I get back home. I was frustrated because I had to leave for work and the tech kept telling me to unplug, plug back in, how is it now. (no good) OK unplug, wait a few seconds (minute passed) is it better now, (NO). What is your mac address, what is the signal strength, what is the serial number, what is the mac address of the computer you are using to brows internet, is there a router between the modem and the computer, now turn everything off..... I was running between three floors, to turn the PC off (second floor), restart modem (basement). Good thing I got up early.
LT6669

LT6669

Anon

And yes the $99.00 was also mentioned to me. Why, I have no idea, this makes no sense to me as the trouble shooting proves that the signal is there just no IP is being assigned to my cable modem.
EHTL
join:2002-10-31
Canada

EHTL to grobima

to grobima
I surfed the net at about 7:30, and I ftp into my home at about 11:15. My VoIP seems working now. I don't see any problem.

I am at Erin Mills/403

xJasonx
@67.224.81.x

xJasonx to dialtone

Anon

to dialtone
Just checking in to see if the cable internet is back up. There seems to be a lot of people down across the GTA.

paddyII
join:2004-04-03
Mississauga, ON

paddyII to noservice2dy

to noservice2dy
I'm at qew/erinmills (just north of QEW), no problems here today

noservice2dy
@genesysnetworks.com

noservice2dy

Anon

Well mine is still down..just called home and voip is going straight to voicemail.

LT6669
@bagscanada.com

LT6669

Anon

I have checked parents house, cable teksavvy is and was up without any problems, Lakeshore and Mississauga road. My cable teksavvy internet Cawthra and 403 still out. No VOIP service, no internet access at all. Does not look like all teksavvy customers are experiencing this just certain areas. Will check with my neighbor to see if he is experiencing any problems as he is too using teksavvy as service provider.

joeblow2469
@yorku.ca

joeblow2469

Anon

My Teksavvy cable connection was fine when I went to bed last night at approx 11pm and was down when I got up this morning. Tried resetting modem before heading off to work but didn't help. Still appears to be down as I am not able to connect to my VPN. Will try resetting modem again when I get home this evening. I am at QEW/Erin Mills Pkwy, south of QEW off Southdown.

xJasonx
@67.224.81.x

xJasonx

Anon

I'm off Truscott, in the apartment complex down the road. My service wasn't up last night or this morning. I haven't been around to check. I didn't take a ticket from teksavvy cause I was on hold for quite some time and I had other things to attend too. I guess I will see what happens when I get home.

joeblow2568
@yorku.ca

joeblow2568

Anon

Yep mine is still down as of 8pm. Can't obtain an IP Address.
Aftcomet
join:2009-07-14
Mississauga, ON

Aftcomet to dialtone

to dialtone
Also near Truscott, service still down.
grobima

grobima

Mine was still down this morning too.
dustmaker
join:2011-03-14
L9T7C7

dustmaker to dialtone

to dialtone
Mine is down since Tuesday Morning at 3 AM. Cannot obtain an IP address either. Teksavvy is literally at the MERCY of ROGERS. And they will gladly drag this on for a Week. Mark my words!

noservcedy2
@74.198.87.x

noservcedy2 to grobima

Anon

to grobima
Just tried again and its still down as of this moment. I called support last night and they are aware of the problem in our area(truscott/south down). I had them open a ticket regardless as I want this noted on my account. It was a pain in the but to go through all diagnosis but the tech had a sexy voice and was extremely pleasant so it was worth my time

Bootprint
@bmo.com

Bootprint to dialtone

Anon

to dialtone
Mine was down this morning (Lakeshore & Dixie), but I did a remote check around 12:45p and it looks like its backup.
fier
join:2004-09-30
Mississauga

fier to dialtone

to dialtone
Looks like it was due to upgrades. Have channel bonding on upstream now with 64qam.
Gophermofur
join:2008-07-12

Gophermofur to dialtone

to dialtone
Mine was down this morning and appears to be back up now.

I got home, it wasn't working, so I tried switching to static IP address and when that didn't work, I switched back to DHCP which seemed to force a release/renew. Got a new IP address and it started working.

noservcedy2
@teksavvy.com

noservcedy2 to noservcedy2

Anon

to noservcedy2
Service is back up!
Gophermofur
join:2008-07-12

Gophermofur

I suppose I spoke too soon. Service went back down later that evening for me. IP stays at 0.0.0.0 consistently.

Did anyone else have it come up briefly, only to die again last night?
EHTL
Canada

EHTL to dialtone

to dialtone
It is not working for me now. The modem status is offline, no signal at all. Reboot the modem does not help. Is it the modem problem or DHCP problem? Please help.

Thanks
vikingisson
join:2010-01-22
Mississauga, ON

vikingisson to dialtone

to dialtone
mine went down this morning and I quickly found out from neighbours that rogers was also down. So I didn't worry. I get an email whenever my vpn goes up or down (the far end is a TSI fibre connection). I got one notice that it went back up and then another to say is went down again. It seems to be still down but I'm not at home (fibre line stayed up). We'll see but I'll guess it is down.

This is the first time I've been down since getting cable internet. I'll know shortly if it is down hard or just an IP issue. I've been lucky for a long time but I know how pathetic the industry is due to Mr Rogers and Miss Bhell along with their sugar daddies in Ottawa.
vikingisson

vikingisson

yup, still down, no signal at all. A random survey in Streetsville shows me that most people are down including most small business debit machines. A whole day lost and that is bad for the village.
EHTL
Canada

EHTL

This is better than if just you and I have no service. Hopefully, Rogers will fix the problem quickly.

I am glad that I have the cheap Mobilicity as a back up service.