spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Joe

@popsite.net

Skyway USA current problem 11/15/11

Does anyone know what Skyway Usa's current problem is? I have had no signal from the satellite for 7 days now. Their phone system has a recorded message that they have a problem.
All of their numbers have the same message even sales.

tgermon

join:2007-12-31
Vanceboro, NC

It's not looking good. Here's the response I got from skyfx,

"Skywayusa, LLC filed for chapter 11 protection on 9/7/2011, yes service went down on Thursday evening.

All customers are requested to use their dialup (set to dialup only).

Currently we don’t know when or if skywayusa will come back up.

All myskyfx customers are being set to dialup for service and billing and the cost will be reduced to $10.00 on the next billing cycle."

goshe

@Level3.net
reply to Joe

Does anyone know anything about Skywayusa satellite system. It has been down for a week now and customers are getting left in the dark as to what is going on. A recorded message says to use dial up, which is extremely slow, and told that there will be a resolution in the near future. Have they gone out of business? Will they ever come back up to working condition?

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

»www.freecourtdockets.com/DocketS···6143.htm
»www.chapter11blog.com/chapter11/···-11.html
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1250H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 6 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2011

Finsrn

@69.55.159.x
reply to goshe

I finally got through to Skyway and the lady that answered the phone said they are not coming back. She tried to sell me Hughes Net for $49.99 a month with free equipment and installation.

goshe

@Level3.net

Could you please give me the number you called? The tech support number is no longer in service and no one picks up in the billing dept. Apparently they have filed bankruptcy and is still billing my debit card. I want to try to talk to someone and have my account counseled. My email is no longer working either. Thanks

goshe

@Level3.net
reply to grohgreg

Thanks guys for the replies and the information.

JHutch

join:2008-01-08
Pacific, MO

(866) 948-7105 is the sales #. I just called and got a "please hold, someone willl be with you shortly" message. I held for a while but hung up. Free equipment and install may be a good option. Not much other choice than Hughsnet.

goshe

@Level3.net

Thanks JHutch for your reply. I tried calling them too but I was put on hold and after about 15 minutes of holding, was disconnected. Tried this several times and this is all I got. Someone posted that Skyway is trying to strack up deals for Hughsnet. How does this work? Are they combining companies? One more question, do you get the same plan as on the upgraded version you had formerly with Skywayusa while keeping the same price point? I had the Silver plan and would like to keep this if possible without paying through the roof for it.

notb4coffee

join:2011-11-17
Sainte Genevieve, MO

I'm new here, but have been following this thread since last week when we lost our signal like everyone else. Our original installer gave us a heads-up about skyway not coming back and their feeble attempts at contacting all customers to let them know they would have the option of going with a special offer from Hughesnet. I didn't wait, but started the process of signing up myself. We have a scheduled appt for Tuesday with a local installer, but had to wait 3 days for the call to get it going. If anyone else here is from Missouri, instant message me and I'll give you all the info I have.
Best of luck to everyone who's in the same boat. IMO, it can only get better with a new ISP if you were used to dealing with Skyway for any length of time.

finsrn

@69.55.159.x

When you called Hughesnet did they offer you the no cost equipment and installation package?

notb4coffee

join:2011-11-17
Sainte Genevieve, MO

The offer, we were told, is that we get free installation along with a $99 mail-in rebate that we can use to offset the Setup charge of $100. Any installer can offer that, as I understand it, since everything goes directly through Hughesnet ultimately. You can either take advantage of it by calling them direct or calling a local installer of your choice and getting the special through them. The monthly charges for the package we chose was $50 per month, plus there's the $10/month equipment lease.
Hope that helps.
If you hear of anything better, let us know here.
Thanks!

JHutch

join:2008-01-08
Pacific, MO

Have any Skyway users considered swithching to Starband or any other satellite providers besides Hughsnet?

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

Dawson Springs, KY

1 edit
reply to notb4coffee

Doesn't sound like you're getting any special consideration at all. Those are standard everyday terms for new Hughesnet lease agreements. That means you don't own the equipment, but pay an additional $10/mo lease charge on top of the regular monthly subscription charge.

Check the various satellite provider websites, you might do better simply writing off SkyWay as a bad investment, and dealing directly with a new provider. But among them stay away from the one-way providers. Despite the hype, two-way is almost always no more expensive (and far more convenient) than any one-way provider in the world.

//greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1250H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 6 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2011

OneMore61

@suddenlink.net
reply to Joe

So from what I'm reading, Skyway appears to be toast and with no answer on phones, any thoughts on how to cancel? My cc is being billed for service. Hughesnet is already up at my house. Called yesterday and they were at my house before 8 this morning.

goshe

@Level3.net

That is a good question OneMore61, how to cancel your account. I sent them an email telling them I want to cancel and, since I am still receiving dial-up, I assume my account is still active. I too, am being billed. The only thing I know to do is to talk to my bank and have my checking account changed.
I have checked into other satellite internet providers. I think right now I am going to go with Verizon Mobile. Don't know if this will work since cell phone service is poor where I live, but if it doesn't I will probably try Hughsnet.

civicturbo

join:2009-11-08
USA

I have wellsfargo they will let you cancel your debit card linked to your checking and get a new one without cancelling your checking account inself, iv had to do It twice once because if the crooks at Las Vegas Athletic Club and once for another reason.
From all the horror stories I've read about skyway over the last few years I would cancel any account that they have access to. Lots of double billing, charge for "free" lnbs and so on I've read about.

Selenia
I love Debian
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2
reply to OneMore61

said by OneMore61 :

So from what I'm reading, Skyway appears to be toast and with no answer on phones, any thoughts on how to cancel? My cc is being billed for service. Hughesnet is already up at my house. Called yesterday and they were at my house before 8 this morning.

2 words: charge back. I am not afraid to do this if I am not getting service or products I paid for with the company either avoiding me or not cooperating with giving me what I paid for. In this case, they are probably trying to prevent you from cancelling in the meantime to sell X number of subscribers to the highest bidder, if they can manage to sell themselves. Probably trying to avoid listening to their whole customer base chew them out, too.
--
A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

carli66

@wispnet.net
reply to Joe

Today, I finally talked to someone at SkyWay. I called 1-866-myskyway and was on hold for about 10 minues. I was offered Hughesnet for $49.99 per month,but after running my credit, I was told that I would have to pay $400 on the day of installation. I would eventually get rebates,but I would still have to pay $400 up front. My credit rating is only "fair" but I usually have no problem getting approved. If you do not have good credit, the lease option is not available.

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
·McDonald County ..

I have never heard of Hughesnet charging a deposit before. Sign up on their website, I bet that will get you around the deposit thing. Wal-mart told me I would have to pay a $500 deposit to get Verizon too but I went to their website and got a family plan and 4 phones with no deposit and I know others that have done the same thing with other companies. Speaking as a Hughesnet customer, I think you all will like HN as long as you make sure your installer does a good job. They have givin speed increases and small FAP increases and are in the process of doubling the FAP limits as well as possibly doing a roll over on unused bandwidth on top of that so it isn't so rough around the edges anymore. They still have outsourced India tech support but they also now have their own Forum page with 3 regular represenatives to help people. There are still a few bugs floating about but it is getting better.
--
HughesNet elite plan/.74 dish w/1watt trans. / 9000 modem / 3 computers on a linksy's wired network

pissed off

@qwest.net
reply to Joe

I canceled my service months ago and Skyway keeps billing me!
Skyway sucks!

engineer

@myvzw.com
reply to notb4coffee

We rejoined with Skywayusa last june/11, we previously after 1 year of not being with them went back. The first year we had no problems,but this year the signal was intermittent never green, after numerous calls to tech he quit answering ours, then signal was lost, more calls to Skyway resulted in out landish waiting or disconnects then i reported to BBB, stopped my automatic payment, i'm not paying 50$ a month for dial up. Now i see they are in chapter 11 bankruptcy, we got a new modem which didn't' help, after sending our older one back to them at our cost and we signed up one year.
We live in Missouri there is no fitting internet in rural areas where we live and dial up on ancient phone lines is poor..Judging from the bad reports Hughes net is getting I'm not sure if I want it. What to do?

TonyKZ1

join:2010-04-08
Marble Hill, MO

Well, there is also WildBlue Satellite Internet, they have their own forum and one on this site. Also if you can get a cell signal from either Verizon or Sprint, Millenicom has a couple nice packages and they also have a forum on this site. As to what internet I use, I'm still on a wanna-be 56k dialup internet connection.
Tony

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5

Satellite internet has never been a highly satisfying experience. When you look at the reviews here, Starband has a 58% approval, WildBlue has 55%, and Hughes has 52%. They vary up and down, but almost always stay in the 50s.

Still, the future of satellite may be a bit better. WildBlue will have the ViaSat1 satellite in use shortly, and Hughes will have its Jupiter during 2012. Probably in anticipation of ViaSat1 Hughes has been increasing both allowed speeds and bandwidth caps. Note that I said "allowed speeds" meaning the possible speed during non-congested hours.
--
Motosat self-pointing dishes: 1.2-meter XF-3 on 127W, .74 meter G74 on 127W, SL-5 HD DirecTV|idirect 3100|Hughes HN7000S|Verizon UMW190 Air Card|1990 Blue Bird Wanderlodge Bus "Blue Thunder"|Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool

justjayok

join:2008-12-19
reply to Joe

My mother called SkyWay yesterday, and they refunded November's payment and closed the account. I asked were they nice about, she said yes. The CSR did express being disgruntled with everyone calling regarding refunds and service issues..

We decided to go with Starband and signed up today. I have a couple of concerns, but I will have to risk it. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

Has anyone found any good use for their old dish?... christmas ornament, candy bowl, punch bowl, lifesize frisbee?!?!?

wondering

@blue.net

Do we have to return the dish and the modem? I'm afraid they will try charging for the equipment.

justjayok

join:2008-12-19

I believe we bought the equipment outright.

bradley1992

join:2011-12-29
Richmond, KY
reply to Joe

has anyone any new updates on Skyway? What are we to do with equipment? Is there any chance we can use equipment on another provider and if so is anyone else going to do it?

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

Dawson Springs, KY

said by bradley1992:

What are we to do with equipment? Is there any chance we can use equipment on another provider and if so is anyone else going to do it?

Bird bath or target practice. Skyway used such cheap crap that no provider with any decency would offer service through it. Believe it or not, Skyway actually thought it was a valid selling point to brag that it only cost $10 to replace a bad LNB.

//greg//
--