Search similar:

uniqs

Dongz
@knology.net

Dongz

Anon

Knology Edge upload and download speeds not performing

as advertised in the "providence area"

consistently 12meg down, 6 meg up for EDGE subscribed service.
Every couple of months this happens, yo uahve to call up to "schedule a tech" to come out...........this is really fucking aggrevating...it's almost calculated, where this is done on purpose to conserve bandwidth until customers who are tech savvy notice the degredation, then they'll Magically "restore" the lost bandwidth when customers complain.......

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22

Hmmmmm,

So 1st, what is the "providence area"? Next, in some areas that haven't been upgraded, 12/5 IS the EDGE service level. So, you are where? Oh yeah, the "providence area". My bad.

Then you need to use curse words (I guess they help, huh?!)

Then we have "magic"?!

So, do you HAVE a question? Or do you want to let us hear you rant and curse?

Lark3po
Premium Member
join:2003-08-05
Madison, AL

Lark3po to Dongz

Premium Member

to Dongz
said by Dongz :

as advertised in the "providence area"

consistently 12meg down, 6 meg up for EDGE subscribed service.
Every couple of months this happens, yo uahve to call up to "schedule a tech" to come out...........this is really fucking aggrevating...it's almost calculated, where this is done on purpose to conserve bandwidth until customers who are tech savvy notice the degredation, then they'll Magically "restore" the lost bandwidth when customers complain.......

The 6 up sounds about right. Can you post us a speedtest?
Lark3po

Lark3po to goober22

Premium Member

to goober22
said by goober22:

Hmmmmm,

So 1st, what is the "providence area"?

It's West Huntsville area between Huntsville and Madison. "Providence" proper is an over-price boutiquey development with a little shopping center.

Sometimes people say they are from the "Providence area" to sound important or well off...
Rollins
join:2011-02-26
Huntsville, AL

Rollins to Dongz

to Dongz
I live a mile NW of the providence area and I consistently get the promised 25/5 or greater speeds with a Motorola SB6120 modem. I have never had to call or complain to maintain my speeds. I have been using Knology for >8months presently.

Dongz
@knology.net

Dongz to Dongz

Anon

to Dongz

this is using the arab icon @ speedtest.net

speedtest.knology.net always shows 15meg down 4.5meg up
One would think knology's own speedtest would perform better.
goodsign
join:2011-11-30
Huntsville, AL

goodsign to Dongz

to Dongz
I get all sorts of different speed results with different tests.

In my experience, have the right modem and the right provider. Comcast in my neighborhood really sucks but Knology is good to go. I wish there were more choices but I takes what I gets.

Six Gun Kid
Premium Member
join:2001-07-02
Huntsville, AL

Six Gun Kid to Dongz

Premium Member

to Dongz
Arab is the site I use most often here in Huntsville and consistently get 30/7 each time.