spc
uniqs
carmine
join:2002-09-30
Waterbury, CT

carmine to andyross

to andyross

Re: 3 second blackouts

@Mike Wolf: Thanks for the offer; I have two or three sets of good quality component cables already. I'll will give them a try as well.

@andyross: I will have to pay closer attention; as I recall it always - or at least some of the times - happened in the middle of a broadcast and not during a commercial break. Can't be certain though...

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

I have an old DCT-6412P2, which has DVI. The TV is a recent Sony and I use a DVI-HDMI cable direct to the TV. Audio goes to my receiver via optical.

I haven't had any real blackout issues, other than when changing resolution. I do have it configured to send SD as SD and not to upconvert.

The only issue I occasionally have is that it suddenly will not display SD material if I switch to it from HD, or even another source. Seems as if SD and HD may have separate handshake encryption codes or something like that. Typically, turning the TV off and back on fixes it. It may be a TV issue rather than the box. I tried using component for awhile (my old TV had DVI, but it didn't work well), but in SD, the new TV has a high black level compared to HD, and I can't set it without screwing up HD as it's set by input, not resolution.