|reply to EGeezer |
Re: Unknown computers on local network - cable isp problem?
Hi, thanks for the replies. Here are some answers, extra info that might help us figure this out.
- The ISP's modem does not have wireless capabilities
- I am seeing these 'unknown' computers even on a desktop computer that is directly connected to the Belkin router via ethernet (and has no wireless capabilities)
- My home workgroup has a unique name
- If I disconnect my LAN from the cable modem, I am still seeing these computers. I do not think this tells us much as I am not leaving it disconnected very long so it may just be that they are not falling from whatever cache might be holding them.
- I've done an ipconfig /flushdns
One more bit info I forgot to add...
If I change my home network ip address range - from 192.168.1.X to 192.168.2.X or something else - they still appear.
It means they're directly connected to your network then, rather than over the internet. Do you live in an aparement or a house? How many devices are connected to your netowork?