how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gremlin283

join:2011-11-16
Daytona Beach, FL

[Internet] Insane problems with Bright House

I have had ongoing issues with B.H. Networks, they have sent a few platoons of techs out to my location to test my intermitent connection. I get one of two things either the deer and the headlights look of I don't know or everything is fine. I doubt everything is fine as I have constant disconnects from the internet and gaming serevers. As well I have had my modem/router reboot on a regular basis. I have had the lies and connections replaced muliple times. Yet at every turn Bright House insists that they are not at fault. Whatever happened to customer sefvice and letting the customer actually know what has been done.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:138

1 edit

Gremlins send me a PM and lets take a look at things. In the meantime post back with your network configuration (leave nothing out)...whether you game wired or wirelessly and your system specs. Thanks...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

gremlin283

join:2011-11-16
Daytona Beach, FL

1 edit

downloadMsinfo32.txt 993,592 bytes
My system Msinfo
downloadDxDiag.txt 25,860 bytes
DxDiag Fresh
Network Configuration is hardwired directly to the router provided by Brighthouse. I am suppsed to have the highest service avaliable 40Mbps yet currently my sppedtest from the Brighthoese speedtest site is reading at 8.75 some Mbps down and 5 Mbps up. I have the appropriate ports forwarded that are need to allow smooth traffic for game play. Network configuration is from my laptop to the gateway to the internet. I have had multiple equipment swaps and line relays. Also I have been informed by the B.H manager handling my case that all avenues have been checked. I find this hard to believe as the issues I have all seem to be equipment related, ie. disconnects reboots and just very choppy connection. Also and I do apologize for this having not stated earlier I am located in Central Florida South Daytona area as to where my service is.

sbiller1

join:2011-05-25
Tampa, FL

said by gremlin283:

Network Configuration is hardwired directly to the router provided by Brighthouse. I am suppsed to have the highest service avaliable 40Mbps yet currently my sppedtest from the Brighthoese speedtest site is reading at 8.75 some Mbps down and 5 Mbps up. I have the appropriate ports forwarded that are need to allow smooth traffic for game play. Network configuration is from my laptop to the gateway to the internet. I have had multiple equipment swaps and line relays. Also I have been informed by the B.H manager handling my case that all avenues have been checked. I find this hard to believe as the issues I have all seem to be equipment related, ie. disconnects reboots and just very choppy connection. Also and I do apologize for this having not stated earlier I am located in Central Florida South Daytona area as to where my service is.

Gremlin,

Just out of curiosity do you have a way of hard-wiring the laptop to the router to eliminate the unknowns associated with wireless? What kind of router are you using? Are you running the latest firmware in your router?

Thanks,
~Sam

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:138
reply to gremlin283

Hiya Sam!

Gremlin please PM me your modem MAC and IP address. Thanks!