spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dr mongolia

join:2008-07-03
United State

[Equipment] DLB AP Solo-- Has it really been discontinued?

I just tried to place an order with Streakwave and was told that the DLB AP Solo's have been discontinued. Does anyone know if this is accurate? I find it hard to believe because of how many people use it.

Anyone know vendors that are still selling these?

dr mongolia

United State
An update to this: Double Radius apparently still has them in stock. The rep I spoke with says there are no supply problems with the DLB AP Solo and they still stock it regularly.

I think the Streakwave rep just had some bad information. However, if anyone has any more insight, please share. I have a lot of links that use AP Solos and it would be a major pain to have to start reinstalling both sides of each link that fails instead of just whichever unit failed (not to mention the obvious extra expense etc).

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2
reply to dr mongolia
said by dr mongolia:

I just tried to place an order with Streakwave and was told that the DLB AP Solo's have been discontinued. Does anyone know if this is accurate? I find it hard to believe because of how many people use it.

Anyone know vendors that are still selling these?

If it is have you considered an Ubiquiti product ? They are N series and MIMO, with an airmax perk.
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

dr mongolia

United State
I haven't looked around at alternatives yet but I'm open to anything that is comparable in terms of price, quality, and connect-type. If they have indeed been discontinued I will probably be making a doomsday "oh my god the AP I reply upon has been discontinued please suggest alternatives" thread, lol.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2
Lol.

I have a deliberant 2700 in production, that thing has never and I mean never let me down, but its run its course, and in the spring after 5 long years of operation, it will be replaced with modern equipment.
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

joosebuck

join:2010-01-23
Farmington, MO
said by Inssomniak:

Lol.

I have a deliberant 2700 in production, that thing has never and I mean never let me down, but its run its course, and in the spring after 5 long years of operation, it will be replaced with modern equipment.

Ditto. Had three DLB Duos in the field at my launch a year and a half ago. Got a bad shipment of CPEs and switched CPEs to UBNT... then switched new sectors/backhauls to UBNT... now slowly phasing out the remaining DLB sector I have. The APs were rock solid, and I loved the quagga capibilities, but it's just that time.

dr mongolia

United State
reply to dr mongolia
Just to clear this up in case others are interested: A deliberant rep contacted me to confirm that they are indeed still shipping the AP Solo. The streakwave rep just had some bad information.

joosebuck

join:2010-01-23
Farmington, MO
said by dr mongolia:

Just to clear this up in case others are interested: A deliberant rep contacted me to confirm that they are indeed still shipping the AP Solo. The streakwave rep just had some bad information.

As soon as I finish my switchover to UBNT sectors where the DLB ones are, I will have a DLB Quad and two DLB Duos for sale; I'll make sure to put them in the equipment for sale thread when I do. Also have 5-6 of the 14 dbi cpes.

superdog
I Need A Drink
Premium,MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA
reply to joosebuck
said by joosebuck:

said by Inssomniak:

Lol.

Ditto. Had three DLB Duos in the field at my launch a year and a half ago. Got a bad shipment of CPEs and switched CPEs to UBNT... then switched new sectors/backhauls to UBNT... now slowly phasing out the remaining DLB sector I have. The APs were rock solid, and I loved the quagga capibilities, but it's just that time.

I also have a few in the field still plugging away doing their job. They always worked good for me, I just hated their God awful ugly plastic Telco box, LOl
--
»www.wavecrazy.net