how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sm5w2
Premium
join:2004-10-13
St Thomas, ON

So maybe I should keep my legacy uncapped sympatico service?

I guess the $65/month I pay for my 7-meg sympatico HSE legacy un-capped service will be a real deal once the independents have their new retail rate structures ironed out?

nothing00

join:2001-06-10
Centereach, NY

This is like Bank of America saying they now need to charge $5/month on their debit cards to make up for all of those government regulations.

ChucksTruck

@teksavvy.com
reply to sm5w2

No matter what you have to get rid of your grandfathered account with sympatico. Like i said before they put you on the slow line on purpose. Go with Teksavvy or use the 8/1 business package with Rogers.

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to nothing00

Pretty much. They need to make up their record profits because the big, bad government is now making them have remotely-consumer-friendly rules! Oh no!

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by Bill Neilson:

Pretty much. They need to make up their record profits because the big, bad government is now making them have remotely-consumer-friendly rules! Oh no!

When the gov't gets in to the rate setting business, you take the bad with the good. The independent ISPs got what they wanted - no UBB. But they got rates they don't like. Too bad. They wanted the gov't to force the incumbents to sell them wholesale access at a loss. They didn't pull that little feat off.

--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/rss/2012-election-blog.xml

The Limit
Premium
join:2007-09-25
Greensboro, NC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Windstream

1 recommendation

You have been following these events in Canada right? Because this comment really shows your ignorance. Sorry, but I can't agree with you this time. These IISP's did not go to the CRTC because they wanted Bell sell wholesale access at a loss; it was because Bell was trying to price gouge. Have you even read any of the submissions by Bell? I mean, what about following the Teksavvy forums? Please don't make comments about something that you haven't obviously followed or kept tabs on. Sigh.
--
Do or do not, there is no try! - Yoda

en103

join:2011-05-02

Tails, you can see that T_Jefferson is very right wing. In T_Jefferson's world, the only thing the government can do that would make him happy is to let businesses rule the world, and privatize all government functions.

yabos

join:2003-02-16
London, ON
reply to FFH

Who says they were selling at loss before? They in fact are making a good profit with the CURRENT rates. Bell says it will charge over $2000 per 100Mbit whereas Rogers says a bit over $1000 for the same thing.... who's scamming who? It can't really cost Bell 2x as much to provide transit over their network compared to Rogers. Even Rogers is way too high as a big ISP in Manitoba stated around $240 I believe per 100Mbit.

Fact is the incumbents were allowed to come up with any number without any audit to deem it fair

Jurjen

join:2010-08-18
Montreal, QC
reply to FFH

Excuse me? The IISPs prefered to keep the current deal, just Bell didn't want to, because it costed them to much costumers.

So the loop fee went down a bit, but the access fees were risen 1300%!!!! How can a telco defend such fees? And how can a government organization allow such a rise?

Jurjen

join:2010-08-18
Montreal, QC
reply to sm5w2

You'll still be able to get a 6Mbit package for almost half that price, uncapped.

Trencher

join:2007-02-12
Etobicoke, ON
reply to FFH

Your ignorance is showing.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to en103

said by en103:

Tails, you can see that T_Jefferson is very right wing. In T_Jefferson's world, the only thing the government can do that would make him happy is to let businesses rule the world, and privatize all government functions.

And as we all know T_Jefferson is the former Darth Vader/MMH/Militier/TK Junkmail... who's been pushing the same "corporations can do no wrong" agenda for as long as we've all been on DSLr

--
I'm watching District 9 again, and I've come to realize something: Wikus's got it all wrong. If I were morphing into a 9 foot tall hyper-dextrous alien that can shoot lightning bolts and get high off cat food why would I ever want to become human again?