uniqs

CharterEric
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
Saint Peters, MO

CharterEric to KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

to KoRnGtL15

Re: [HSI] Max and Ultra60 never did get free speed increases....

Hello all!!!

As some of you have speculated, Charter IS working on speed changes that will be released before the end of the year. As we continue to ready the network, according to your posts, you are already seeing some amazing speed results.

We plan to streamline Charter Internet options to: Lite, Express, Plus, and Ultra. Current Max customers will absolutely be able to move to a different level of Internet Service.

We’ll announce all of this soon, however, it you have specific questions or would like us to change your Charter Internet Service, please hit us on the Direct Forum, and we will be happy to take care of you.

»/fo ··· erdirect

Thanks!
bshelly
Premium Member
join:2002-02-17
Conover, NC

bshelly

Premium Member

And we all appreciate the downstream speed increases. I believe I speak on behalf of most of us by saying we all want FASTER upstream speeds. Please.... Thank you
Expand your moderator at work
zed260
Premium Member
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN

zed260 to CharterEric

Premium Member

to CharterEric

Re: [HSI] Max and Ultra60 never did get free speed increases....

i want a non capped option heck id gladly settle for the internet lite tier for same price a ultra if it had no caps
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

2 edits

88615298 (banned)

said by zed260:

i want a non capped option heck id gladly settle for the internet lite tier for same price a ultra if it had no caps

They do have that option it's called a business account. You can get 16/2 for $80 a month.

The thing I don't get is that I don't have to have an actual business and Charter can know I don't and they'll still sell me business service. So ok right now until they officially change it Plus tier is $55 for 18/2 and 250 GB cap or for $80 I can get 16/2 Business with no cap. So ok instead of playing bullshit games with both of us pretending I run a business why just just have a $25 "no cap" add-on for residential?
zed260
Premium Member
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260

Premium Member

said by 88615298:

said by zed260:

They do have that option it's called a business account. You can get 16/2 for $80 a month.

The thing I don't get is that I don't have to have an actual business and Charter can know I don't and they'll still sell me business service. So ok right now until they officially change it Plus tier is $55 for 18/2 and 250 GB cap or for $80 I can get 16/2 Business with no cap. So ok instead of playing bullshit games with both of us pretending I run a business why just just have a $25 "no cap" add-on for residential?

yeah but they way they get you is the evil thing called cant get dvr with bussnuss tv cant get hbo/cinamix and junk
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by zed260:

said by 88615298:

said by zed260:

yeah but they way they get you is the evil thing called cant get dvr with bussnuss tv cant get hbo/cinamix and junk

What rule is there that says I can't have business internet and residential TV? And if they are going to be asses about that then I can always go with DirecTv or Dishnetwork.
zed260
Premium Member
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260

Premium Member

said by 88615298:

What rule is there that says I can't have business internet and residential TV? And if they are going to be asses about that then I can always go with DirecTv or Dishnetwork.

you can but it costs lots more and diffrent bills
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by zed260:

said by 88615298:

you can but it costs lots more and diffrent bills

Well if you have Charter internet and DirectV aren't you going to have differenet bills anyways?
Darkk8
join:2003-10-03
USA

Darkk8 to CharterEric

to CharterEric
So for those on the current 25/3 Max plan with a 250 GB cap, where does that fall in the new 30/4 plan scheme of things?

What are the caps for these new tiers?

I heard rumblings that the 100 meg tier will go down $15 from the current 60 meg tier pricing. So what will the pricing be for these new upcoming tiers now?
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by Darkk8:

So for those on the current 25/3 Max plan with a 250 GB cap, where does that fall in the new 30/4 plan scheme of things?

I heard rumblings that the 100 meg tier will go down $15 from the current 60 meg tier pricing. So what will the pricing be for these new upcoming tiers now?

I would think those on the Max tier would be downgraded to Plus. I'm sure pricing for everything else will remain the same. Droping the price of Ultra makes sense especially if they're dropping the Max tier because no one wants to fork over an extra $45 to go from Plus to Ultra for 250 extra GB of cap and faster speed sicne 30 Mbps is pretty darned fast anyways. An extra $30 makes it more tempting. Also it's a great way to get those currently paying for Max to choose Ultra over Plus. Max is currently $70 for 25 meg and 250 GB. For $15 extra you get 100 meg and 500 GB cap. I'm sure many would jump on that. That's my take anyways

As far as caps they will remain the same. As someone else posted, their "source" claims Charter has no intention of increasing the cap anytime soon. Which is BS because the caps have been the same for nearly 3 years now.
SquarePeg
join:2011-08-15
Asheville, NC

SquarePeg to bshelly

to bshelly
My 12/1 plan is now 15/3, thrilled with the upload increase, as that has irritated me for a long time.

This is the same plan that was 8/1 at the first of the year, and was increased in March I think. I would be happier with 8/3 than 15/1, so 15/3 is great.
markopoleo
join:2003-04-02
Bonne Terre, MO

markopoleo to 88615298

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

said by Darkk8:

As far as caps they will remain the same. As someone else posted, their "source" claims Charter has no intention of increasing the cap anytime soon. Which is BS because the caps have been the same for nearly 3 years now.

Please, as if caps even exist. Its not even worth mentioning anymore.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by markopoleo:

Caps DO exist. Whether or not they choose to enforce them doesn't mean they do not exist. Just because I never get a ticket for jaywalking doesn't mean there isn't a law against it. It just means the cops choose to not enforce it.
markopoleo
join:2003-04-02
Bonne Terre, MO

markopoleo

said by 88615298:

said by markopoleo:

Caps DO exist. Whether or not they choose to enforce them doesn't mean they do not exist. Just because I never get a ticket for jaywalking doesn't mean there isn't a law against it. It just means the cops choose to not enforce it.

Yah, you can't date a woman in Chicago still unless you get fathers permission to. Enforced a ton.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by markopoleo:

said by 88615298:

said by markopoleo:

Yah, you can't date a woman in Chicago still unless you get fathers permission to. Enforced a ton.

What's that got to do with anything? As I said because something isn't enforced doesn't mean it's non existant. You don't think they're are caps?

A) Go read the TOS.

B) Ask the people that have been cut off how non-existant the caps are.