spc
uniqs

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to qworster

to qworster

Re: Horse hockey!

Actually I need that setup because I'm 60 miles away from empire. With analog I got some stations on VHF, but little to nothing on UHF with the antenna mounted on a 20 foot pole. Up on the tower, sure it gets a lot better but my experience with analog is about the same as it is with digital.

And yes I do pick up Allentown and Philly rock solid with antennas pointed that way. I even get Binghamton and Albany on occasion.

8VSB is actually just fine for the US, especially given our geography. We are more spread out than Europe. Multipath is not as much of an issue with 6th gen chips. Even 5th gen handles them fine. I have a new LG LED set that works beautifully on ATSC. My HDHomeRun works wonderfully too.

Contrary to popular mythology, ATSC is just fine. But when you cram stations into a much tighter space there is bound to be issues with co-channel and adjacent channel interference. It will get a lot worse when the FCC takes away even more TV spectrum.

As for the databases, I have a feeling that they aren't going to give much of a damn about deep fringe viewers. Their answer will be "talk to the cable company. You'll get more channels."