join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to pnh102

Re: Pathetic

said by pnh102:

said by 25139889:

And you get to deem that why?

...If you can pay for things like food, clothing, rent, health care and what not, and still have money left over for $10 a month for broadband, as well as what it costs to own a computer or other device that uses it then you are not poor...

Really? Hmmm internet access is a must have these days. Just like water and power. Kids need internet access for school, adults need it for paying bills online, job search etc. You need to include internet access in that list of yours.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
said by Anonymous:

said by pnh102:

said by 25139889:

And you get to deem that why?

...If you can pay for things like food, clothing, rent, health care and what not, and still have money left over for $10 a month for broadband, as well as what it costs to own a computer or other device that uses it then you are not poor...

Really? Hmmm internet access is a must have these days. Just like water and power. Kids need internet access for school, adults need it for paying bills online, job search etc. You need to include internet access in that list of yours.

Yes. Really. If you can afford all these things, you are not poor. You want to see poor? Go look at a homeless shelter. Go look at people who live out on the streets begging for food. That's poverty. Most "poor" people in the USA have some kind of housing, access to cable TV, some kind of taxpayer-financed health care, taxpayer-financed food, taxpayer-financed or subsidized heating, and other "freebies." That is not poverty.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

Anonymous
Premium
IA
What is it with conservatives and hating the poor? You don't get to say who's poor and who's not. The government does that. For poor people who can afford it that is also the only form of entertainment they have. So I say they deserve it.
--

pnh102
Premium
Mount Airy, MD
said by Anonymous:

What is it with conservatives and hating the poor? You don't get to say who's poor and who's not. The government does that. For poor people who can afford it that is also the only form of entertainment they have. So I say they deserve it.

I have every right in the world to pass judgement on and criticize people who benefit from my hard work. And I will.

And since when is it the government's job to provide people with entertainment? Poor people outside of the USA would love to be "poor" in this country.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

Anonymous
Premium
IA
Go for it! There is nothing you can do other than whine about it.
--

pnh102
Premium
Mount Airy, MD
said by Anonymous:

Go for it! There is nothing you can do other than whine about it.

Then why do you care?
--