how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pabloAR

join:2010-12-30
reply to WS customer

Re: [Network] speed drop: 3mbps to 0.3mbps most evenings= most e

performance of 3mbps subscription -- EARLY A.M.
this is approx 8AM CDT/local time on TUE 10/3/12-

pattern continues: "decent" (at or near purchased subscription speed during early mornings); "poor" (only 1/10 or less purchased subscription speed during "peak"/ evening hours).

regards,
Pablo

johnbor

join:2004-03-30
Chagrin Falls, OH

Test 3:55 PM EST
I've been having similar problems in the evening the numbers just drop right off.. Going to test them tonight and see if ityhappens again if it does I will report it here... right now I looking at good numbers...

»www.speedtest.net/result/2219179983.png

johnbor

Chagrin Falls, OH
Now 7:42PMEST and dropping down.. very bad..

johnbor

Chagrin Falls, OH
reply to WS customer
8:16PM ESt

speed down

johnbor

Chagrin Falls, OH
reply to WS customer
its now 8:41pm est

johnbor

Chagrin Falls, OH
reply to WS customer
9:41 pm est

not good at all..

johnbor

Chagrin Falls, OH
reply to WS customer
10:40 pm est

and very bad still

pabloAR

reply to WS customer

Re: [Network] speed drop: 3mbps to 0.3mbps evenings: S/W Ark.

No offense, but you might consider starting your own thread to document your ongoing "adventure" w/ Windstream DSL-- I think if you can put the geographic location in the title- all the better.

This is an ONGOING LOG OF PERFORMANCE of 3mbsp DSL "high speed internet connection" purchased from WINDSTREAM... in southern Montgomery Co, Arkansas... performance has suffered over past couple of years.

this result is from approx 8:45 PM CDT (local) Thurs Oct 4, 2012--
(supposed to be 3mbps; that's what i pay for... but only getting, what? 1/20th purchased "download speed")

pattern continues: lousy performance at "peak" (evening hours; say 6 PM till ? 2AM ? )
feedback from WINDSTREAM: they are considering doing work to improve performance "next year" . right now they are determining, planning how to spend their funds for next year. squeak now... is what i am hearing.
regards,
Pablo

pabloAR

reply to WS customer

performance of WIndstream's "HSIC" (DSL) 3mbps subscription at 11 PM CDT/local on FRI 10/5/12 in southern Montgomery Co, Ark.

not as bad as "usual" in P.M., but still less than 1/3 of purchased subscription service

regards,
Pablo

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
continuing to log performance of Windstream's HSIC DSL subscription -- purchased 3mbps ... (apparently, this is the time WS engineers & corporate leaders decide/ plan how to spend their $$$ for the next year; so I'm "squeaking" -- trying to have them spend some of that $$$ in this area...)

pattern: early A.M. (like right now)-- "decent" at or near 3mbps
late P.M. (peak/evening hours) only about 1/10 of 3mbps

this test: done approx 8:20AM CDT/local time SAT A.M. 10/6/12 in southern Montgomery Co, ARK

regards:
Pablo

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
So I had opportunity to talk w/ "on the ground" WS tech-- they really do have some nice, gifted employees...
anyway, local techs are well aware of broadband problem, "everyone is complaining about the poor speeds at night." "It involves this entire area; this county & ones nearby..." "They have to make some improvements at Little Rock to accommodate all the subscribers in this area." "They don't listen to the local tech guys. We have some valuable information about the problem, but they tell the customers, 'We'll send a technician out to fix the problem.' " "But the problem is on our side; we don't have enough bandwidth as things are presently configured." He also confirmed that there is fiberoptic cable to the box (OPM) just about a mile away, but that it's not connected to anything. He's not sure why it's not connected. Thinks the changes in Little Rock (90+miles away) have to be made initially to improve access. He thinks the present poor service is related to decisions made solely on financial considerations. "It's a money issue; they could easily improve the performance in this area, but they don't want to spend the money."
FYI,
Pablo

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
performance of 3mbps subscription (WS DSL, of course)
taken approx 10 PM (CDT/local time) on TUE 10/9/12-- same location in southern Montgomery Co, Ark.

while download speed is only 1/3 of "purchased" 3mbps subscription, actually an improvement of typical evening speeds.
regards,
Pablo

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
performance of 3mbps subscription at approx 9:40 PM CDT/local on THURS 10/11/12... in southern Mongtgomery Co, Arkansas

typical results during "peak" evening hours...
about 1/10th of purchased 3mbps subscription...
regards,
Pablo

auraxoxo

@windstream.net
You're lucky. In Sheridan, AR am paying for 12 and getting the same .5 average in the evenings as you are and I could throw a rock and hit the windstream building from my house. I think I will start a thread since calling every other day hasn't seemed to help. I was actually told by a tech that this issue in my area was set to be fixed at the end of October, but we will see since phone support told me it was already fixed the day before the tech came out and now the phone staff have no record of any issue in my area...

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
have received "response" from Ark. state Attorney General's office-- consumer affairs dept. related to my ongoing complaint of poor performance & lack of a straight answer by WS if/when they will improve DSL/HSIC in this area of west/central// south/west Arkansas.
Of course WS admits there "may" be some problems w/ their equipment/service; they've offered customer a discount; etc. they also state that customer's computer memory, programs, the internets, etc. may be causing poor performance... they offered up the lame "equipment/software/services updates" are being considered...

meanwhile: this is speed test of 3mbs subscription done at approx 9PM CDT/local time in southern Montgomery Co. Ark on THURS 10/25/2012...

observation: less than 1/10th of the purchased 3mbps subscription

I guess I need to tell the AG's office, that, no, they haven't fixed the problem.

regards,
Pablo

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
performance of 3mbps DSL/HSIC subscription at approx 6:30 AM CDT/local time on FRI A.M. October 26, 2012 in southern Montgomery Co. Arkansas...

observation: download speed at or near 3mbps subscription during early A.M. hours; while only about 1/10th (or less) that speed during evening hours.
regards,
Pablo

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
performance of 3mbps subscription at approx 9:30 PM CDT/local time on 10/31/2012 in southern Montgomery Co. Arkansas...

observation: pattern on less optimal performance (e.g. "sucks") in evening hours; at or near purchased speeds during day.
regards,
Pablo

SynMonger
Premium
join:2012-07-04
Thornton, AR
reply to pabloAR
said by pabloAR:

"They have to make some improvements at Little Rock to accommodate all the subscribers in this area." "They don't listen to the local tech guys. We have some valuable information about the problem, but they tell the customers, 'We'll send a technician out to fix the problem.' " "But the problem is on our side; we don't have enough bandwidth as things are presently configured." He also confirmed that there is fiberoptic cable to the box (OPM) just about a mile away, but that it's not connected to anything. He's not sure why it's not connected. "It's a money issue; they could easily improve the performance in this area, but they don't want to spend the money."

Had almost this exact conversation with our local tech in Thornton, AR. Fiber runs nearby, yet they use copper T1 to the CO shack in town. We get the same slowdown during evenings and all weekend until midnight or so. Customer service offered $10 a month off, and also implied that our low rates are to blame for the poor speeds.

We feel your pain as well. Keep up the good work documenting!

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
there seems to be some activity (WS trucks working on cable and in OPM boxes nearby) in the neighborhood over past week- may or may not be related to ongoing poor performance of their DSL/HSIC product.
performance this evening of the 3mbps subscription at approx 11:15 PM CST/local time on THURS 11/8/12 in southern Montgomery Co. Ark.

regards,
Pablo

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
sort of unusual to have such slow speeds in morning... but, nothing surprises me w/ WS anymore...
this is "performance" of 3mbps subscription service at approx 8 AM
CST/local time on TUE -Nov 13, 2012- in southern Montgomery Co, Ark...

hopefully, just an aberration...
regards,
Pablo

ChadWicky

join:2012-11-14
Not 3, but no point in complaining to Windstream.

Told me a years ago that they were going to fix the nightly download rape, but it just now went up to that from being below 1 all day. I think the highest I saw today (yesterday now?) was 0.88. They are they ONLY option in my location. I don't know if I will ever have good internet, but I do know that it will NEVER come from Windstream.

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
speed test of 3mbps DSL/HSIC via Windstream-- subscription from approx 8 AM CST/local time on FRI 11/16/2012 in southern Montgomery Co, Ark.

observation: hmmm... less than 1/10th the purchased, subscription speed... what's up? usually i can experience at or near 3mbps in the early mornings... so, I have no idea what is going on today. will monitor.

regards,
Pablo

pabloAR

well, OK... speeds "normal" (at or near purchased/ subscription) only a few hours later... this is approx 11 AM CST/local time on FRI 11/16/2012 in southern Montgomery Co, ARK.

regards,
Pablo

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
performance of 3mbps purchased subscriber line at approx 8 PM CST/local time in southern Montgomery Co. ARK. on Fri 11/23/12

observation: typical evening performance; roughly 1/10th the purchased 3mbps subscription.

regards,
Pablo

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
performance of 3mbps DSL/HSIC subscription w/ Windstream in southern Montgomery Co. Ark...
this is approx 10:15 AM CST/local time on WED 11/28/12

observation: download speed is approx. 1/5th of purchased subscription speed...

you just don't know w/ WS... some days, well, it seems almost OK, but at other times (especially PEAK/evenings... not so)

regards,
Pablo

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
performance of 3mbps subscription.
local time: approx 9:45 PM on THURS 12/13/12...

Your Speed Result:
Download Speed: 75 kbps (9.4 KB/sec transfer rate) (0.07mbps)
Upload Speed: 272 kbps (34 KB/sec transfer rate) (0.27mbps)

observation: service is so poor; couldn't get "speedtest" to work; so this is using "Speakeasy"

regards,
Pablo

Piggie
I Actually use Windstream
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Orange Springs, FL
I can't even get full speed and normally this is the fastest time of the day

pabloAR

reply to WS customer
performance of 3mbps DSL/HSIC w/ Windstream
at approx 6 PM (CST/local time) on SAT 12/15/12 in southern Montgomery Co., ARk.

observation: there are more important things in this world to concern oneself with, but this is roughly 1/10th the purchased bandwidth, subscription...

regards, Pablo
Expand your moderator at work

Piggie
I Actually use Windstream
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Orange Springs, FL
Reviews:
·Windstream
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to pabloAR

Here is proof my low evening speeds are NOT hardware, software, or even dodoware related. I have posted evenings speed here a couple of times. Wish more FL people were here.

It is oversold. Not that we don't know that, they know that. Just saying it's here in FL also.

--
| Speedstream 4200 Modem - 3m/384 plan | W98-W2KSP4-XPSP2 - All AMD | Buffalo WHR G54S with Tomato 1.18 | 3 downstream switches feeding 6 total clients (no wireless) | Including the Data port on the side of my neck |