Search similar:

uniqs
rlh08a
join:2012-02-28
Clyde, TX

rlh08a to WS customer

to WS customer

Re: [Network] speed drop: 3mbps to 0.3mbps most evenings= most e

Having the same problem in Clyde TX. Paying for a 6Mbs line and getting less than 1Mbs most evenings. Windstream says they are are bringing in more lines, but from the looks of this forum they are probably blowing smoke.

So what's the next step? Do you think a complaint to the FCC. PUC, or AG will do any good?

pabloAR
join:2010-12-30

pabloAR

am just updating this log... not sure what else to do.

tonight (approx 8PM CST) DSL connection (3mbps subscription line)
is "so bad" it won't register w/ "speedtest.net"... "configuration failure"

but "speed" (oxymoron) is about 0.2mbps download-- according to "DSL speed test at speakeasy"
upload is about 0.3mbps...

DSL speed drops every evening. So often, it's not worth keeping up with. But I'm trying to make a record... because it's always something... an aside, it must be extremely hard to work customer service for WINDSTREAM-- the "moderators" here have to do an awful lot of apologizing for the quality of the WS DSL system.

I'm wondering... is there a regulatory agency that should step in and prevent WINDSTREAM from selling any more of their product if they are presently unable (unwilling?) to improve their current system?

I'm hoping to leave a "record" of their performance over a period of time... just in case ... it comes to some need for legal or other action.
regards,
Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR

OK, so I've "reset" (turned off/back on modem & router) system & got better results. approximately 9:15 PM (CST)...

regards,
Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
Tonight: March 11 @ approx 8PM CDT...

download: 0.10 mbps; upload : 0.28mbps

very rarely does this 3mbps subscription hit more than 1mbps in the evening. and lots of times it's worse, like tonight.
regards,
Pablo
jin17
join:2012-01-15
Hazard, KY

jin17

3mb package

current speed

pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
continuing to keep a record of DSL speeds: this is Sun March 11, 2012 @ approx 9:30 PM CDT...

regards,
Pablo
Maar
join:2009-04-09
Story, AR

1 edit

Maar to pabloAR

to pabloAR

Re: [Network] DSL drops 3mbps to 0.3mbps each PM-Montgomery CO,

said by pabloAR:

Someone suggested that I continue to post the condition of my DSL 3mbps subscription service with Windstream... at approximately 8:30PM on a Saturday night.

I was offered the consolation of a $10/month discount for the poor quality of my DSL 3mbps ($59/month "for life" bundled... that adds up to $83/month... go figure). this discount is only for 6 months... I'm not optimistic that any solution is forthcoming to improve the 3mbps subscription... sigh
regards,
Pablo

You are getting the same bullshit lies that we were told for over a year. They told us it was not an over subscription issue for months. Now I am getting the same $10 a month discount they are offering you and they have no plans to fix it.

Almost 500 days of speed like this. So do not get your hopes up on any fix. They are only upgrading areas where there is competition. My area was approved for a fiber upgrade, then it was changed to run the fiber out 270 West towards Mountain Harbor.

Speeds right now.

jin17
join:2012-01-15
Hazard, KY

jin17 to WS customer

to WS customer

Re: [Network] speed drop: 3mbps to 0.3mbps most evenings= most e

I seen another post of mine up there saying my new estimated fix time is march, well it's april now.

I've been waiting nearly a year.
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
current "speed" on 3mbps subscription...
at approx. 3 PM CDST ... (is spring break; all the kids at home? on-line?) usually don't see these "speeds" till later at night...
FYI, pablo

pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
here is my (near) daily report ... i hate to say that i've grown used to this... less than 0.3 mbps on a 3.0 mbps (less than 1/10 of the advertised speed)...

this is a 3mbps subscription line in a rural area of Arkansas-- my DSL connection most evenings achieves only 1/10 of the paid for service... why's that? I'm not sure. I've been told that there were issues, some chronic. I've been offered a $10/month discount on my connection fee...

regards,
Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
hopefully this demonstrates that the equipment (mine, Windstream's) does work... at times when not overtaxed.
this is result at approximately 8 AM CDT on a Saturday morning.

the 3mbps subscription can & does deliver 3mbps speeds. It's at night or other times of increased use that speeds deteriorate. My assessment is that the "trunk" line is thus oversubscribed. Windstream has explained there is a problem, but hasn't said it's due to over subscription...
hopefully this improves in the future?
regards, Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
not sure what problem is:
this is a 3mbps subscription connection:

at approx 11:30 AM CDT

regards,
Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
better "speeds" tonight (about 1/2 of 3mbps subscription line/connect) approx. 8:30 PM CDT THURS. 4/5/12

regards,
Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR

still updating, logging results of speed tests w/ this 3mbps subscription...

this is at approx 10:20 PM CDT TUES 4/10/12

regards,
Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
have discovered that this "thread" of my "adventures in DSL w/ Windstream" has not disappeared post "melt down & resurrection" DSLReports.com...
so, I'll continue adding to it... a catalog of poor DSL speeds, despite being sold a 3mbps subscription / DSL "upgrade"
JUST IN CASE THERE IS EVER A CLASS ACTION SUIT.... hopefully, others are also documenting their frustration (poor network performance)-- just in case.
this is from approx 7 AM CDT (Thurs 5/24/12)

regards,
Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
sigh....
it seems that i should have saved the $70 + or so i spend monthly for the bundled home phone & DSL & invested in pigeons... or seriously consider satellite (but the onerous "limits" of monthly downloads is about 2 or 3 GB...)...
because this is "typical" evening speeds of 3mbps subscription plan with WINDSTREAM... why did they even sell this plan to me if this is what they can deliver? The "BEST BET" estimate I've gotten for "improvement"... "next year" NEXT YEAR (WOW)...
these results are from approximately 9 PM CDT on THUR MAY 24, 2012.

serious question... is 0.14mbps "faster" than "dial up"?

regards,
Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
these results are from early A.M. (before everyone else is up & online, I guess) to demo that my equipment is working & that WINDSTREAM is capable of delivering 3mbps subscription...
an aside: following complaint to FCC, it appears that my "problem" may receive more timely attention?
results from approx 6:45 AM CDT FRI 5/25/12

regards,
Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
continuing to log performance of my DSL 3mbps subscription line w/ Windstream
this is from TUE 6/5/12 @ approx 8:30 PM CDT

regards,
Pablo

The Limit
Premium Member
join:2007-09-25
Denver, CO

The Limit

Premium Member

I feel your pain man. I've been going through this same issue for nearly two years now, and no fix. I've filed complaints with the BBB, and nothing came of it short of "They said they had an ETA on the fix, that's good enough for us".

The next thing to do is get the AG involved. Aaron, Larissa, while I HIGHLY appreciate the hard work and help that you guys are offering here, sadly it's just not enough. There's a ton of us who are having these problems. I've been talking to many, many individuals in my area and many are having the same issues.

I'm going to start a new thread, and I want everyone to post speedtests between the hours of 8pm and 12am, if that's possible. More voices means that maybe we can get the ball rolling faster.
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
3mbps subscription service performance
at 9:15PM CDT thursday June 14, 2012

regards,
Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
3mbps subscription "performance" (rural Arkansas; Montgomery Co.)
at approx 9:30 PM CDT (Saturday night, June 16, 2012)

regards,
Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
3mbps subscription line @ 7 AM CDT Sun. June 17, 2012
(works well during non-peak times)

regards,
P.
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
3mbsp subscription line @ approx 11 PM CDT Tues 6/26/12

pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
3mbps subscription service
@ approx 10 PM CDT FRI 6/29/12
Montgomery Co. Arkansas...

pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
3mbps subscription service
at approx 6:30 AM CDT SAT 6/30/12

pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
at approximately 7:45 CDT on Saturday June 30th...
3mbps subscription line in Montgomery Co. Arkansas (rural)
(the service is "oversold" for the installed equipment issue...)

regards,
Pablo
SynMonger
Premium Member
join:2012-07-04
Thornton, AR

SynMonger to WS customer

Premium Member

to WS customer
We're in the same boat, near Fordyce, AR. We've been seeing the same crappy speeds intermittently in the evening, with poor latency all the time for the last year. The tech who came out today to look at our lines lives down the street and said he's got the same issues. He said flat out that the dslam is so oversold that it can't handle the number of users. He also said that if Windstream bothered to hook up to the fiber that runs nearby instead of using copper T1 lines at the collector it would solve our issues. Apparently it's been "in the works" for a couple of years now, with no date in sight for when it may happen.

We're giving Windstream's customer service a shot to resolve this before trying executive customer service, and then whatever governmental agencies that will listen.

Good luck to you in your quest. So far we've been unsuccessful at breaching the "Green Wall of Silence" to get at anyone with any authority to actually resolve issues like this.
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
continuing to document network performance "peak" vs. "non-peak" times. Windstream has suggested to the FCC that in answer to my complaint that an individual's computer, OS, software, downloads, etc. may have an effect upon high speed internet results...
This assessment doesn't reflect the reality of decent speeds on this network during non-peak times vs peak times.
I hope that I can share these results & other topics in this forum in my response.
these results (below) are for a 3mbps subscription-
at approximately 8:45 AM CDT on FRI July 6
near Glenwood, Ark.

pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
this is approximately 1:45 PM CDT (early afternoon) on TUE July 10
with 3mbps subscription ...

regards,
Pablo
pabloAR

pabloAR to WS customer

to WS customer
continuing to monitor, log performance of 3mbps subscription w/ Windstream's DSL
this is approximately 11 PM CDT Tue July 10

regards,
Pablo