Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Bright House

Cable Operators see higher traffic, lower costs

Two interesting tidbits from the DSLR headlines. Charter ratcheting up speeds:

»Charter Changing Speed Tiers

And "cable's cost per bit plummeting":

»Arris: Cable's Cost Per Bit Plummeting

Gotta wonder when Tampa Bay and CFL will get some of this kind of love.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
Ya just never know when Rebus...ya just never know

kdwycha

join:2003-01-30
Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to rebus9
Probably go to per byte billing since Roadrunner is a Time Warner thing I believe instead of Brighthouse and the TWC CEO is hardcore on per byte billing because cable companies are hemorrhaging money because of Netflix and Youtube and Google (rolls eyes).

rebus9

join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Ya just never know when Rebus...ya just never know

Hmmm.... is that a hint of something actually in the works? Or just a "it will most likely happen some day, but BHN isn't working on it right now" kind of generality?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
I'm going to let your imagination run wild for a bit Far more fun

rebus9

Tampa Bay
Ummmmm.... thanks. I suppose.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by rebus9:

Ummmmm.... thanks. I suppose.

You read wayyy too much into my original post Rebus. I meant exactly what I said in that post. Nothing more nothing less
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

rebus9

Tampa Bay
Aaahhh... that, um, really clears it up.

I'm still surprised that a flagship BHN market is looking sort of anemic compared to, of all companies, Charter.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to rebus9
Not really. They were slower than us on comparable tiers anyway. From my standpoint they are just catching up.

theteamaster

join:2006-06-05
Bakersfield, CA
reply to rebus9
I appreciate BHN the way they are now without introducing caps. Especially in this economy, people have enough things to worry about rather than staring at a bar graph trying to calculate how much they can use before paying extra.

With that, BHN gets cool points.

rebus9

Tampa Bay
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Bright House
said by theteamaster:

people have enough things to worry about rather than staring at a bar graph trying to calculate how much they can use before paying extra.

Which is even more disgusting and despicable because »Arris: Cable's Cost Per Bit Plummeting .

And yes, props to BHN for not (yet?) going to metered billing. I'm not holding my breath that will last forever, though. Seems to be "monkey see, monkey do" in this industry. If company A implements a policy that adds another siphon hose into their customers' wallets-- and gets away with it-- the others follow suit eventually. Some sooner, others later.

meach13

join:2007-04-05
Bessemer, AL
reply to rebus9
Yes Birmingham would like to see some of that love . Love hearing from charter friends down the road with there 60meg. Come on BHN