BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to joetaxpayer

Premium Member

to joetaxpayer

Re: T-Mobile SIM question

The regular reps should have knowledge of the prepaid plans, all of the information is at their terminals, and they even have access to the internet to look at their public webpage for the truly lazy, however prepaid does have it own support.

All she had to do was call 1-800-tmobile, and when asked for her mobile number she would have been transferred to prepaid support unless their ivr system has gotten worse, otherwise call 611 from her phone connected to the charger.

I have pay as you go also, and yes I will put on as little as $10 a year to keep my previous balance. On this plan once you add a total of $100 you're considered gold, and even the smallest amount extends your previous balance another year. Great for low use, not cost effective for high use people.

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
552.8 23.8

joetaxpayer

BZ - thanks - That's exactly what she's been doing. Just adding a bit each year and never used the original minutes.

The answers here make it pretty clear I can just get her another phone for less than the cost of replacement batteries, and these are basically throw-aways.

Thanks everyone who replied. I may just buy it, take pictures of me opening it and showing her the SIM, then mail it to her. It's not just that I live 200 miles away, but she's still in the 20th century tech-wise. But for her, the prepaid plan is great.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

1 edit

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Just direct her to the local store to buy the phone, and they should be more than happy to help her insert her sim card, however while the battery may have a partial charge, she will want to charge it to full asap.

Also have them help her at the store to make sure her contacts are stored on the sim, and not the phone, otherwise she will lose contacts, many phones store them on the phone by default. If the bought any wallpaper or ringtones she *might* be able to get them sent to her new phone, no guarantees, otherwise the old content is stuck on the old phone.