share rss forum feed

Technicholas
Premium
join:2010-11-11
Winterset, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
·CenturyLink

I've been a Qwest/Centurylink customer for over 10 years.

I've been a Qwest customer for over 10 years..... they shouldn't be enforcing this cap because I get close to the 250GB limit every month.... we have a house of 4 everyone uses the internet on YouTube and Netflix streaming at 7mbps. I think they are out there to reduce congestion. Wonder what they will do? Make us go to a business account or just cut us off hmm?

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

1 recommendation

They wont cut you off.

Many people here and throughout the world are not aware of this... but when you move up to a higher service or just simply begin paying more then "congestion" suddenly disappears and all is good on the ISP's network.

It has something to do with some network physics that scientist are still trying to wrap their heads around. It is believed once these scientist/economist figure this out we will have enough bandwidth in the world to do anything we want.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Technicholas
said by Technicholas:

. we have a house of 4 everyone uses the internet on YouTube and Netflix streaming at 7mbps.

Then backoff on the quality. Most of the time you won't be able to tell the difference:

»account.netflix.com/HdToggle

Manage video quality
We know that some of you have Internet data caps and we want to make it easier for you to manage how much data you use.
We offer 3 video quality settings to help you manage your data usage. No matter what level you choose, your Netflix membership price will remain the same.

Good quality (up to 0.3 GB per hour)
Better quality (up to 0.7 GB per hour)
Best quality (up to 1 GB per hour, or up to 2.3 GB per hour for HD)
Save Cancel

--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/rss/2012-election-blog.xml

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06
There is no point in watching movies in sub-optimal quality. Certainly not worth paying for it--we aren't taking about pirated cam releases. And unless you have a severe eye disease you will notice. It's like reading CliffsNotes when you aren't in school (or dyslexic).

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to Technicholas
said by Technicholas:

I think they are out there to reduce congestion.

easier and cheaper than actually beefing up your network.
--
Oh YES! let me drop everything i'm doing regardless of who it affects to deal with your petty little problem!

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
reply to FFH5
LOL, thanks TK.

Maybe next time you should just suggest they quit actually watching TV. No dont cancel the service, that would be bad for the company. Just stop watching through Netflix while you still pay them so that all the corporations benefit.

espaeth
Digital Plumber
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Wilsdom
said by Wilsdom:

There is no point in watching movies in sub-optimal quality.

I agree to a point, but you're not watching multiple streams all on 42"+ TVs, are you?

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Wilsdom
said by Wilsdom:

There is no point in watching movies in sub-optimal quality.

Pretty sure I'm not missing anything when I watch a Twilight movie in "sub-optimal" quality.Also, I don't think seeing it in HD's going to fix the plot or actors.

Honestly, do you need HD to watch your "Crap movies I missed last year but want to say I saw them" list? An exception might be Michaelbaysplosion films, but that's because the only allure in those films is the visual eye candy.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Skippy25
Because Netflix is responsible for your crap internet service, clearly.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go yell at McDonalds as to why my Toyota Camry isn't as fast as a Ferrari.