uniqs

M A R S
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Long Island

M A R S

Premium Member

Re: [Help] Ramdom dim battery light..

Battery is one month old, new brushes in alternator. I did a test, pulled the fuse for the brake lights just make sure im not insane, issue was gone, put the fuse back in issue is back

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman

Premium Member

Can you locate a schematic for your vehicle's electrical system? Without it, trying to diagnose the brake-fuse symptom you describe is going to be very difficult.

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium Member
join:2009-09-11

The Pig

Premium Member

said by rockotman:

Can you locate a schematic for your vehicle's electrical system? Without it, trying to diagnose the brake-fuse symptom you describe is going to be very difficult.

yeah even with the schematics
»www.google.com/search?q= ··· 7GGLL_en
it's going to be hard to find the short!
fixrman
From a broken heart to a hole in the sky
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10
Hatboro, PA
·Verizon FiOS

fixrman to M A R S

Premium Member

to M A R S
Here is another case where parts replacement did nothing but waste time and money. If the root cause had been diagnosed at the outset, needless parts replacement would not have occurred.

A wiring diagram is a road map to the issue. It just needs to be determined how the charging circuit and brake lamp circuit are intersecting. What was the original complaint, just the light or is there another start/charge system condition? How about some history on the vehicle prior to this issue? What about the Estonian lamp assembly ( bearing in mind that Estonia doesn't necessarily mean junk - Stockholm and Tallinn are a mere 250 miles apart )?

M A R S
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Long Island

M A R S

Premium Member

said by fixrman:

What about the Estonian lamp assembly ( bearing in mind that Estonia doesn't necessarily mean junk - Stockholm and Tallinn are a mere 250 miles apart )?

They are trash. Im better off with used OEM stuff. To look at the 2 side by side its a shock. And the real Volvo ones are made in France.