shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to bt

Premium Member

to bt

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

Well, to be fair, Mario's return was the stuff legends are made from. He beat cancer. That's epic. Sid is coming back from a concussion. Just a little different.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

No doubt that Mario's 1992 - 93 season was the greatest season ever in hockey and possibly the greatest season ever in sports period. Sid has only missed 20 games this year and no doubt the scoring title is within his grasp.

Pittsburgh was a good team before Sid came back and now they are even better with him back, could be a good year for hockey in Pittsburgh.

Blake

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

1 recommendation

ZZZZZZZ to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner
quote:
Well, to be fair, Mario's return was the stuff legends are made from. He beat cancer
Ya and Mario scored 30 seconds into his 1st shift.............he truly was unbelievable.

Ray Bourque still blushes on how bad Mario made him look in the playoffs when he sucked Bourque out of his skates and went in to score.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· =related

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

watching the old clips makes you realize how much clutching and grabbing there really used to be back then...can you imagine how many points Gretzky and Lemieux would tally up in today's game??!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Really and it shows just how great both were too.....they'd probably shatter their own records.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Ray Bourque still blushes on how bad Mario made him look in the playoffs when he sucked Bourque out of his skates and went in to score.

(youtube clip)

Thank you for that. That clip really brought back some memories, especially seeing Paul Steigerwald of KDKA sports. Anyways, I was fortunate to have watched Mario as a rookie before anybody in Pittsburgh caught on to what he really was. We used to buy $5 tickets for games at the Civic Arena, and move down to rinkside seats before halfway through the first period. There was nobody there in those days. I got to watch Mario rinkside for a whole season, and boy was it fun.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

That would have been cool to see.

I still think he was the best player ever.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger to dirtyjeffer0

MVM

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

watching the old clips makes you realize how much clutching and grabbing there really used to be back then...can you imagine how many points Gretzky and Lemieux would tally up in today's game??!

Considering for a huge chunk of his career Mario was pretty much on his own in terms of talented players on the Penguins, imagine for a moment Mario playing for the Edmonton Oilers that Wayne played for, they would have to add a third digit on the scoreboard.

Perhaps one of Mario's greatest achievements is as the owner of the Penguins, his commitment to hockey in Pittsburgh and his personal touch with his players. Its rare to find someone in management who really holds true to their beliefs like Mario.

Blake

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

That would have been cool to see.

I still think he was the best player ever.

So do I. And as much as I wish he had a Kurri or Messier to play with, I really wish he had a back that allowed him to tie his skates or didn't have to battle cancer.