spc
uniqs
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to Sossity

to Sossity

Re: how to setup at&t 2wire without CD installation disc

very simple...you need to take note though that AT&T has a separate password for email and "network" which you use to setup the modem to access AT&T's network.

connect dsl modem to phone jack, turn it on, make sure it synchs...connect pc to ethernet port [1-4, you choose].

fire up IE, type in 192.168.1.254, click enter....it should bring up a screen to let you type in your username [email address] and password [network password]. if you don't have or forgot the network password, call AT&T and get them to give you one.

IF you see and feel it was used in another account before, unplug the modem, press that reset button [don't let go yet], plug power, count to 35, then let go of the reset button.

IMO, you'd be better off with a 3347 than a 2Wire 2701. I wouldn't trade my 3347 for a truckload of 2701.

lastly, your question should be posted in this forum...»AT&T Southeast
Sossity
join:2010-08-02

Sossity

well, if the 2wire does not work, how would I go back to my wired setup? I have a wired setup now, with a speedstream 5100b modem, a trendnet ethernet switch, hooked with cat 5e ethernet wires to a dell pc, & cat5e ethernet wires to a macbook pro in another room with a static IP address.
medbuyer
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by Sossity:

well, if the 2wire does not work, how would I go back to my wired setup? I have a wired setup now, with a speedstream 5100b modem, a trendnet ethernet switch, hooked with cat 5e ethernet wires to a dell pc, & cat5e ethernet wires to a macbook pro in another room with a static IP address.

Nothing to change, only replace the 5100b.

Check your pm
Sossity
join:2010-08-02

Sossity to medbuyer

to medbuyer
what is the 3347? can you give me the full name of the unit?
medbuyer
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

Its biz class modem that residential accounts can use...this is the best unit i have ever used, very robust.

»www.amazon.com/Netopia-3 ··· 03YKR8XU

Look fora 3347-02-1006, 1006L, or a 1022, the latter being the latest.
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

There is also a 3347-02-1002.