how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MaraLeigh

@mindspring.com

[Brighthouse] Fees

Hi,

Has anyone signed up with earthlink which is supported through brighthouse and was promised by earthlink to always have a specific price ($29.95) until I discontinue then have brighthouse raise the price to $32.00 and not send specific notice?

Brighthouse said I received notice on Feb 4, 2011.. I don't know how I received it but I don't remember receiving anything except my monthly bill which I never checked since I was 'promised' the same price until I left earthlink. The BH rep said it could have been at the bottom of my bill or sent separately. I don't LOOK at the bill.

When I questioned all this with Earthlink, they 'supposedly' had NO idea. They said they would make it right but on another call they are saying I received notification from BH. Why not from the company I made the original purchase with??? EL says they are only charging $29.95.. It's all BS!!

Please let me know I'm not the only one that is having this issue. BH says I owe them $47 in over due fees. WTF??

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
Earthlink doesn't control the prices. You're billed directly by the cable company, not Earthlink. They have no idea what you're paying -- elink isn't billing you nor are you writing elink a check every month. That said, I've never seen Earthlink talk about a "lifetime" price. And $29.95 has always been an intro rate (3 or 6 months.)

If you aren't looking at your bills, that's your problem. That's their legal means of notifying you of just about anything.

*IF* you have an actual contract (something you wave about in court), then take it up with Earthlink to get BrightHouse to charge you the correct rate.

MaraLeigh

@anydocsoftware.com

1 edit
You may not have heard of a 'lifetime' price (and I've been with them and have had this price for almost 4 years) however, I have it in writing. So I guess that would be YOUR mistake:. If earthlink has their service delivered through a broker then it is their responsibility to notify the 'enduser' when their service is no LONGER supported through the broker. I was NOT informed by earthlink.

I was NOT asking what someone thinks I should do in regards to my promised price and LEGAL issues. I was asking if anyone else has run across these issues with these 2 companies.

You are supportive of them with out knowing ALL the facts.

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
I'm not in a BH area. And yes, people have billing issues with Earthlink Cable all the time (look through the forums.) And it's always due to Earthlink not being the one doing the billing. In fact, beyond your IP address, Earthlink has nothing to do with the network. (and even then it's just handing a block of addresses to whatever cableco.)

While I do not have a lifetime price in writing, my bill hasn't changed in 10 years. (the bill for the TWC-BC line hasn't changed in ~7? years.)