Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

[Chrome] Chrome Is Taking A Long Time To Load

I am running Win 7 Pro 64 bit and the latest stable version of Chrome. When I open Chrome, it takes a long time to get to my Home Page, which is Yahoo. It does not say "resolving proxy" when opening, so I don't know what's wrong. Once it is open and loaded, it works fine. Any ideas?

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

Is it on any first page load? (like if you changed the homepage to Google or something else) ..if not, maybe it's just Yahoo that's having an issue

Yahoo has seemed a bit slower to me of late.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Yes lil, it's on the first page load. I just changed my homepage to dslreports.com .....Still slow to get there with a quick connection.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

What about opening a new tab or new window from the original page once loaded (humor me, I'm having something similar & trying to rule out)

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by lilhurricane:

What about opening a new tab or new window from the original page once loaded (humor me, I'm having something similar & trying to rule out)

Opening a new tab or window is no problem.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

Thank you for that - it's the same for me

I'm not sure I'm done ruling out my security software set-up ...not yet anyways.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME

1 recommendation

lordpuffer

Premium Member

FYI, it only happens on my Notebook PC. I am out of town, and it doesn't happen on my 2 iMacs, which are at home.

Running Avast Pro and SAS real time.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
Purple Zone

1 recommendation

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

Avast here too / MBAM r/t...hmmmm

My MBP dualie is fine as well (we should stop now)

tonyram57
join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

tonyram57

I noticed it too. I thought maybe it was because I use OpenDNS but Firefox opens the page right away. It only happens when loading your homepage when first opening the browser which for me is my.yahoo.com. It is no big deal as I love Google Chrome as it is a much light weight browser than Firefox. Don't get me wrong I still love Firefox but Chrome opens up in less than a second.

Also I use NOD32 antivirus so that could be the cause.
09416127 (banned)
join:2011-09-29

1 recommendation

09416127 (banned) to lordpuffer

to lordpuffer
If Google Chrome seems to take a long time to load a website or search, it may be configured to access pages through a web proxy. Check whether the "Resolving proxy" message appears in the lower-left corner of the browser window.Visit this if so-
»www.google.com/support/c ··· r=106010
Also the other reasons may be-
Theinternet surfing speed suffers when loading heavy JavaScript web pages. Memory consumption in Chrome is optimum as it uses the same tabs for opening pages. The CPU usage by Chrome is also one of the factors web as page loading time is averagely 1.34 seconds; so memory release may be considered a safe bet.
Zak_
join:2003-03-26

1 recommendation

Zak_ to lordpuffer

to lordpuffer
Try clearing the cache:

Click on Wrench, then Options, Under the Bonnet, Privacy, Clear Browsing Data

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
Purple Zone

lilhurricane to lordpuffer

Numquam oblita

to lordpuffer
Thanks terry & Zak..I clear my cache regularly (daily)..and did find the Google Support link re: proxies

I can't speak for lordpuffer See Profile, but I'm leaning toward security setup (in which case I'll lose the browser way before I change my setup). BTW Javascript is off unless I enable.

Currently researching this thru security channels, and hear many having issues.

beerbum
Premium Member
join:2000-05-06
behind you..
Motorola MB8600
ARRIS TG862
Asus RT-AC5300

1 recommendation

beerbum to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
did you try disabling hardware acceleration?

»www.jkwebtalks.com/2011/ ··· ion.html

I can say that disabling acceleration in my browsers and flash have eliminated 100% of my browser issues (slow loading, crashing, etc)..

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Thanks everyone.....Same as lilhurricane See Profile. It doesn't seem to be a proxy issue, and I clear my cache daily also. My Notebook is in the hands of another person who is using it right now, but I also think it's security software related. When I get it back, I'll look into the hardware acceleration.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to beerbum

Premium Member

to beerbum
said by beerbum:

I can say that disabling acceleration in my browsers and flash have eliminated 100% of my browser issues (slow loading, crashing, etc)..

What version of Chrome is that link for? I don't have those three in my version of Chrome, which is the latest.

beerbum
Premium Member
behind you..
Motorola MB8600
ARRIS TG862
Asus RT-AC5300

beerbum

Premium Member

said by GuruGuy:

said by beerbum:

What version of Chrome is that link for? I don't have those three in my version of Chrome, which is the latest.

either one.. current release 15.0.874.121:

beta release 16.0.912.41 :

Note the settings above on both.. GPU Composting and GPU Accelerated Canvas - those are the two you really need worry about, the pre-rendering has nothing to do with the hardware acceleration.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by beerbum:

said by GuruGuy:

said by beerbum:

either one.. current release 15.0.874.121:

[att=1]

beta release 16.0.912.41 :

[att=2]

Note the settings above on both.. GPU Composting and GPU Accelerated Canvas - those are the two you really need worry about, the pre-rendering has nothing to do with the hardware acceleration.

The latest version of Chrome does not have the same settings as shown in that link. The first two may still exist, but are labelled differently now. The prerendering setting is not at all present.

Are you seeing different results in your version? Screenshot?

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
I am not having any issues here with it using msn.com as my homepage.

Current version: 15.0.874.121
Antivirus: MSE Beta

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by michieru:

I am not having any issues here with it using msn.com as my homepage.

Current version: 15.0.874.121
Antivirus: MSE Beta

When I get my PC back (from my Mom, who is using it ), I'm going to disable my AV software and see what happens.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
Purple Zone

1 recommendation

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

Just don't go far, dear;)
Expand your moderator at work

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

1 edit

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Re: [Chrome] Chrome Is Taking A Long Time To Load

I have a newer laptop now and it still happens, even when I disable my Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware software.

It must be something that is running in the background causing it. A friend of mine doesn't have this problem, and I cannot figure out the difference.

beerbum
Premium Member
behind you..
Motorola MB8600
ARRIS TG862
Asus RT-AC5300

beerbum

Premium Member

said by lordpuffer:

It must be something that is running in the background causing it. A friend of mine doesn't have this problem, and I cannot figure out the difference.

I bet the difference is in the video card and drivers used.. What type of video card is in the new laptop? Did you ever try disabling the hardware rendering / acceleration on Chrome?

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by beerbum:

said by lordpuffer:

I bet the difference is in the video card and drivers used.. What type of video card is in the new laptop? Did you ever try disabling the hardware rendering / acceleration on Chrome?

Thanks. I'll post the type of video card sometime today (it's probably an integrated one) when I pull out my laptop. I'll also disable the hardware acceleration and see if that helps.
lordpuffer

lordpuffer

Premium Member

My Video Card is an AMD Radeon (TM) HD 6470M running the Driver Version 8.862.4.2000.

I didn't see the option to disable Hardware Acceleration in the Options in Chrome. Is it in the Options somewhere and I'm missing it?

beerbum
Premium Member
behind you..
Motorola MB8600
ARRIS TG862
Asus RT-AC5300

beerbum

Premium Member

type in the url bar instead of a web address type.. about:flags

look for an option with GPU composting in it (they seem to keep changing the name of this field).. make sure that is disabled..

also look for GPU Accelerated Painting - disable that along with GPU Accelerated SVG and CSS Filters

that should do it.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Thanks.
lordpuffer

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Sorry.....Had some issues that I had to deal with yesterday, and didn't have time to try what was suggested. Will try it tonight and report back.
lordpuffer

lordpuffer to beerbum

Premium Member

to beerbum
Thanks for the help, however I went to the page you mentioned and there were too many warnings on the top of the page that you are taking a big chance changing settings. A little above my comfort level.

Barbara Ann
MVM
join:2000-10-17
Canada

1 edit

Barbara Ann

MVM

Click for full size
Click for full size
How many extensions do you have running?
Wrench (top right) \ Options \ Extensions

As you can see I have 8 subdivisions running in Chrome.exe plus the main one (Process Explorer). Under extensions in Chrome I have 8 checked off.

My Chrome sometimes takes time to load as well but I like the extensions I have chosen.