uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

Comcast ending customer support forums

quote:
NOTICE: The XFINITY Community Forums will close in the middle of December.
Options

11-23-2011 09:31 AM

The XFINITY Community Forums will close in the middle of December.

To stay connected to us and other Xfinity.com and XfinityTV users, please follow us on Twitter and "Like" us on Facebook. For issues with your XFINITY service, please visit our Help & Support site.

TV and movie lovers could also interact with each other on Tunerfish, a social community where fans can share what they’re watching, post reviews and find recommendations.

We appreciate your involvement in the XFINITY Community Forums and hope you continue to engage with us and other users as we move our conversations to the aforementioned social venues.

Thank you.

»forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-co···se#M1041

moes

join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

1 recommendation

Sounds to me like there wanting to eliminate an expense or they don't like the public's bitching.

carmine

join:2002-09-30
Waterbury, CT
said by moes:

... or they don't like the public's bitching.

Quite possible. If you give users an "official" sponsored place in which to bitch publicly, then you have no choice but to respond publicly as well.

If you want to see some real bitching, take a look at the U-Verse official support forums: »forums.att.com/t5/General-Care-a···esupport

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
reply to moes
said by moes:

Sounds to me like there wanting to eliminate an expense or they don't like the public's bitching.

Wrong. They recognize that DSLreports forums are a resource that can not be rivaled in helping their customers. In addition, the Direct forum is sanctioned & maned by Comcast employees.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
reply to andyross
Wow. I used to mod over there over a year ago. I didn't like how strict those forums were. You think DBSTalk is heavily moderated, think again. Comcast forums were very tightly controlled, especially in terms of language. I mean you couldn't even say the word screw, as in screw the coaxial cable onto the connector.

Floppy

join:2002-07-03
reply to Johkal
said by Johkal:

said by moes:

Wrong. They recognize that DSLreports forums are a resource that can not be rivaled in helping their customers. In addition, the Direct forum is sanctioned & maned by Comcast employees.

Wrong again. They directed people to facebook and twitter not the DSLReports forums.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
No. That's the default plan for closing the forum. You'll be correct when they close the Direct forum. Do you really think Comcast via Twitter or Facebook can provide a better resource for 1 on 1 service? Please!

Floppy

join:2002-07-03
The default plan according to whom? You? Only a small percentage of Comcast's customers know about DSLReports. However, most know about the popular social networks.

I never said better service could be provided through Facebook and Twitter. That's what the online chat is for but that service also needs to be improved especially training reps who interact with customers.

saratoga66

join:2002-08-22
Saratoga, CA
reply to andyross
They are closing the Community Forums NOT the Help and Support Forums.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to moes
public bitching is where my money is at lol
Expand your moderator at work

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to Johkal

Re: Comcast ending customer support forums

Has nothing to do with DSLReports. This site pales in comparison and size to what they are directing people to.

I get the same support via twitter that I get here.

--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my former employer.

flwpwr

@comcast.net
reply to Johkal
Wrong, they realize they do not need to pay for the server hosting when DSLR/twitter/facebook are already doing it. Simple as that. They could drop dslr tomorrow and everyone who can find it ,can find the old official forum, they may be too lazy to, but they can if they really want help, but why pay for it when someone else already is? Its like finding that guy with the unsecured strong wireless signal in your apartment.

When the cost is higher for them to use those services, they will revert back to hosting leases with the other people.

beachintech
Premium
Why would comcast pay for server hosting? Setting up a box or two to run a webserver on doesn't cost them much. They have the bandwidth
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
even better, they own their own servers, they could do it completely for free.

flwpwr

@comcast.net
reply to beachintech
said by beachintech:

Why would comcast pay for server hosting? Setting up a box or two to run a webserver on doesn't cost them much. They have the bandwidth

»whois.domaintools.com/comcast.com
Reverse Whois:
"Corporation Service Company" owns about 27,014 other domains

Registrant:
Corporation Service Company
Domain Administrator
2711 Centerville Road Suite 400
Wilmington, DE 19808
US

Why does this company do most of the stuff they do? Why did they eliminate tier 2 support and outsource it to the Philippines? Why have they raised prices twice a year after the economic down turn while clearly posting quite nice profits each quarter?

Corporate investor greed is my guess, but meh.

beachintech
Premium
PS: Basically what that company does is protect brands online and manage accounts. Doesn't indicate they don't host their own servers
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.

TurboDan

join:2006-06-08
Lavallette, NJ
reply to andyross
Guess they couldn't take the heat, so they're getting outta the kitchen.