uniqs
jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei

Premium Member

Re: 2011-703 Filings

OK reading further into the letter, we get to the real meat.

The fact that CRTC treats business and residential so differently when they are identical services is bound to cause Bell some headaches, especially if customers will have to split business traffic onto separate AHSSPIs (but perhaps share EAS links).

Bell will have a lot of fun implementing this so quickly.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to jfmezei

Anon

to jfmezei
More delays.

This means any price changes will not take effect Feb 1st since the resellers need to give 30-days notice of price changes.

alienzzz
join:2011-02-17

alienzzz to jfmezei

to jfmezei
It's bell's fault for stirring the whole mess in the first place, and it all smells a lot of BS. The commission should reject the extension request outright. If it's true that Hell needs more time, they can put in overtime and pay people to do it. After all, their coffers will be lining up with gold after the new tariff goes live.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to jfmezei

Premium Member

to jfmezei
I hate the word consistency when it comes from bell.it just smells bad and usually is bad
jfmezei
Premium Member
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei

Premium Member

Perhaps Bell knows that Videotron will appeal the whole decision and there won't be any implementation on Feb 1.

Ott_Cable
@teksavvy.com

Ott_Cable

Anon

"The Company" can't have desserts until they have finish their meal. That is unless they like the status quo...
freejazz_RdJ
join:2009-03-10

freejazz_RdJ to jfmezei

to jfmezei
This has 0 connection to Inukshuk. WWBS doesn't use Inukshuk, which everyone who knows about the underlying technology platform knows is going to die soon.

I can see how all requests for extensions from the major players can be viewed with skepticism. They don't do much to earn the trust of those who dislike them. But it isn't surprising that they are facing a crunch: They fired loads of people around the decision time (see CanChat thread), they have a 3-4 week window where nothing gets done due to holidays, and they have to cost out some thing they weren't expecting. Not a shock they might want and need more time.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Ott_Cable

Premium Member

to Ott_Cable
said by Ott_Cable :

"The Company" can't have desserts until they have finish their meal. That is unless they like the status quo...

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat.

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb to freejazz_RdJ

Premium Member

to freejazz_RdJ
I doubt bell fired anyone from the regulatory department.They make the most money for bell.
jfmezei
Premium Member
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei

Premium Member

said by andyb:

I doubt bell fired anyone from the regulatory department.They make the most money for bell.

This year, I have found our buddy Mirko to have a sad face most of the time. When he walked into the february INDU cmte hearing room, he look as if he had just gotten fired by Cope. Yet, he was able to deliver an outstanding Bell performance, extoling the great Sympatico/Fib features without answering any wholesale questions.

At the summer hearings, he did have a few smiles.

at the CRTC lockdown for 2011-703, he was sad faced again, same for that night's dinner, even when Tim Denton made an excellent joke about Mirko.

I hope Cope understands that the losses by Bell on UBB were not Bibic's fault. He was hit by Time's "man of the year": The protestor. There was no way to stop it.

»www.time.com/time/person ··· ar/2011/
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

I'd like to see a Photoshopped image of this with Bibc as Chretien & JF as the protester.

It would make a nice Christmas card to send to Bibic with the caption "Joyeaux Noel". Cheer Bibic up immensely.

Ott_Cable
@teksavvy.com

Ott_Cable

Anon

Send him a lump of coal with a note that say "If you squeeze it hard enough, you might get a diamond or two out of that."
jfmezei
Premium Member
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei

Premium Member

CNOC filed the following today. About Bell's request to extension.

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

CNOC response to bells inability to file on time

Letter to Jo···inal.pdf
21141 bytes
CNOC
andyb

andyb to jfmezei

Premium Member

to jfmezei
Hey quit checkin your mail so much
jfmezei
Premium Member
Pointe-Claire, QC

2 edits

jfmezei

Premium Member

said by andyb:

Hey quit checkin your mail so much

OK, I'll give you a chance... Let's see how quick you are

edit1 : You're slipping Andy B !!!!

Dec 19 00:15:57 velo postfix/smtp[86340]: 68B0C4568EB: to=<andyb@isp_whose_name_I_can't_pronounce.com>, relay=ironport.isp_whose_name_I_can't_pronounce.com[206.248.154.58]:25, delay=493, delays=0.19/0.15/0.56/492, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 ok: Message 117697042 accepted)

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by jfmezei:

....Dec 19 00:15:57 velo postfix/smtp[86340]: 68B0C4568EB: to=<andyb@isp_whose_name_I_can't_pronounce.com>, relay=ironport.isp_whose_name_I_can't_pronounce.com[206.248.154.58]:25, delay=493, delays=0.19/0.15/0.56/492, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 ok: Message 117697042 accepted)

Not sure about everything else, but I DO recognize and confirm the IP to be within the correct range for the difficult to pronounce IISP, and I know the usual function of port #25.
jfmezei
Premium Member
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei

Premium Member

OK, I gave AndyB a chance... But he must be busy in bed.

CRTC 2011-703: Vaxination's response to Bell Canada's request for extension.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by jfmezei:

....CRTC 2011-703: Vaxination's response to Bell Canada's request for extension.

Have not read your doc yet, but did you tell them the locations of several nearby sex shops for their 'extension' ?
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to jfmezei

Premium Member

to jfmezei

I have now read this brief but thoughtful Xmas gift which you have sent their way, and once again, we see further proof that it is more fun to give than receive.

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

LOL. I had a very very late night/morning doing a PC repair.Just got up after 4 hours sleep.
Crixox
join:2010-09-10
Repentigny, QC

Crixox

Bell as asked ISPs to configure an additionnal domain in their BAS and get each ISP's business customers to connect using this new BAS so it would not be calculated in the capacity.

Plus, they also confirmed that all throttling would be cancelled by the end of Q1 2012 and that "congestion" will drop random packets and terminate PPPoE sessions randomly.

That way, it forces ISP to pay alot more for their "capacity" or to implement their own form of traffic shaping.

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

Videotron
PRT 2011-703···2011.pdf
264121 bytes
VTN
xcimo
Fibe 50-50
join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC

xcimo to andyb

to andyb
wow. just in time for my lunch break
xcimo

xcimo to andyb

to andyb
This is BS:

"The ISP may not use the TPIA service, nor
permit an End-User to use the TPIA service
to transmit data from all types of servers,
including FTP, HTTP, IRC, MP3, PROXY,
SMTP, POP or other servers."

alienzzz

alienzzz to andyb

to andyb
Wow, so the UBB still applies for disaggregated POIs, capacity based billing for aggregated POIs.

Curious, I think Ebox uses disaggregated POI connections while TSI aggregated ones. This will be a thorn in the side for some.

Ott_Cable
@teksavvy.com

Ott_Cable to xcimo

Anon

to xcimo
So no surfing from HTTP, but HTTPS, torrents, TOR, VPN are fine by them!?

What is MP3 server? MP3 over IP!?
xcimo
Fibe 50-50
join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC

xcimo to andyb

to andyb
"The ISP may interconnect to Videotron’s network
at Videotron’s centralized POI in Montreal. This
POI serves the entirety of Videotron’s bidirectional
cable network. The civic address of Videotron’s
centralized POI is available upon request. ISPs
interconnected to Videotron’s network at locations
other than Videotron’s centralized POI as of 15
November 2011 may maintain these
interconnections on a grandfathered basis until 15
November 2013 at the latest."

So we'll need someone who knows Videotron POI here, because in this Videotron sounds like the only agregated POI that will support VBB is Montreal.

Not sure what that means for Teksavvy Interconnected in Toronto, or EBox connected at various regional POI.

alienzzz

alienzzz to Ott_Cable

to Ott_Cable
I think they mean a Shoutcast server.

The commission shouldn't accept such a condition. Too much interfering with somebody else's network. Except of course that they understand technology as much as the average baboon, so this will probably go through.

After all, as much as I dislike Videotron they are proving time after time that they are bad, just not QUITE as bad as Bell. They should hire Mirko as a new source of evil.
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510 to alienzzz

to alienzzz
said by alienzzz:

Curious, I think Ebox uses disaggregated POI connections while TSI aggregated ones. This will be a thorn in the side for some.

I think they both use dis-aggregated POIs. But the weird thing about Videotron TPIA is that all of their POIs are in the same building (or at least nearby).