spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Jack467
@comcast.net

Jack467

Anon

Lojack Early Warning - Not so early

Has anyone tried their early warning system recently? Just take the battery out of the key fob and take a ride. You may be surprised with the results, or lack thereof.

I had a system purchased in 2004 that would notify if the car was moved 200 feet in the dealer parking lot while being serviced (with the key fob not being present).

I purchased a new (used) car and had a system installed in Sept of 2011. This one will not notify unless you drive the car for more than 12 miles or over an hour of time. This was checked about seven or eight times.

In order for the system to be "armed" it was driven at least 10 minutes with the key fob present before each test. Lojack has replaced the unit and re-positioned it twice. It's just not notifying on trips of 12 miles or less.

Has anyone had better results?

Thanks,
Jack

jasonlojack
join:2011-08-29
Westwood, MA

jasonlojack

Hello Jack,

I apologize you are having trouble with your LoJack early warning system. If you continue to experience issues please call 1-800-4-LOJACK (1-800-456-5225), and select option 3 for customer service. Press 3 again for product related questions and services. We can be reached Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm EST. Thank you.

Jason A.
LoJack Corporation

Jack467
@comcast.net

Jack467

Anon

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the response. I have have had 3 service calls so far. The unit continues to be unresponsive unless driven over 12 miles or well past one hour.

I was hoping to hear from other users and what their experience has been.

Anyone give theirs a try yet?

Thanks,
Jack
justmyluck
join:2011-12-21

justmyluck to Jack467

to Jack467
I totally agree with Jack. I purchased a new car this year and the same thing is happening with my installed Lojack. I already had several technicians try to resolve the issue, which is me having to miss work, having to drive 30 minutes with and without the key fobs, just to not have the Early Warning Notification work at all. I also had them replace or, move the unit several times in the car, but to no avail. Lojack customer support will refund my money, but they don't understand you want what you paid for in the first place, also they don't understand that when several technicians (contracted Lojack employees) can't find out what the problems are, after drilling holes, cutting wires, and taking off and putting back on the new panels of your car, which only makes them weak and susceptible to air coming in the vehicle. Lojack needs to do right by not only refunding money, but also giving the customer FREE Lojack services for their waste of our valuable time. Also, they will never tell you if the Lojack unit is working or not, especially if you don't get an Early Warning Notification by phone, text or email. My worry is... the only way I will know if the Lojack unit is active, is when my car gets stolen. So much for peace of mind. "Not so early, try Not at all."

NJxxxJon
2 0 1 7 Mmm Here We go man!
Premium Member
join:2005-10-22

NJxxxJon to Jack467

Premium Member

to Jack467
I have an 06 with lo-jack and NO ONE can tell me if the system is still in working order AKA test the damn thing. I called Lo-Jack no help.