Search similar:

uniqs
BLITTZIN
join:2011-10-23
Sherman, TX

BLITTZIN

THIS is messed up!

Click for full size
I've been running a smokeping. I thought I would throw this out there. I'm on Cableone. I'm getting 90 percent plus packet loss, yet my pings to CA, KS etc... are 3 to 5 ms's. I hope somebody who really knows their stuff can help me figure this out. My pings to Los Angeles have averaged 40 to 45 ms's from near Dallas. This is bad service and the ping thing is bizarre. Thanks to anyone who can help me or at least explain this to me. Peace always........

areoh
join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

areoh

It's not uncommon to receive jacked-up ping results due to the packetloss. Obviously, the 3-5ms results are not correct. I don't have much more input to provide from that.

Have you passed the packet loss issue over to CableOne to see what they say? Is the PL having a significant affect on streaming or gaming? I'm assuming so, but I'm just wondering what prompted you to run the smokeping tool. Have you messed around with PingPlotter to see the routing results to a favorite server?
BLITTZIN
Sherman, TX

BLITTZIN

90 percent is way too high. There's a list of things that are wrong with this pc and I can't figure it out. The pings, my Msinfo32 reports my network protocols as having 8 and there should be at least 10. In adapter it lists ip address, ip subnet, default ip gateway as not available, and dhcp as not enabled even though it is in my lan settings. Task scheduler shows an ip address conflict. My preferred dns server is a proxy, and that's just part of the bizarre stuff. I've never seen anything like this. I just built this rig and installed a fresh os. I looked all over for help,answers, but I can't find any. I can't ipconfig /renew it won't work. I reset winsock and tcp/ip. It's just possessed I guess. 50 meg cable should be way better. I did contact cable1, 4 techs out here, the usual here's an attenuator, we're doing voip and it's system wide etc.... I think it's maybe partly hardware(bad onboard lan, chipset)and terrible service and tech support and a saturated node all combining to create "the perfect storm." It's really, really bad and I can't fix it or find anything remotely like what's going on. Peace always.

areoh
join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

areoh

Wow, for most home builds, keeping everything at default on the adapter settings should be sufficient. What router are you using? Proxies, huh? Did you set that up? Can you screenshot some of this?

can you reproduce these issue on a different PC on the same network? Almost sounds more like an infection to me (w/out getting more detail, anyway.)

If this is a new build, it may be faster to reload the OS and start from scratch.

air4rce
@cableone.net

air4rce to BLITTZIN

Anon

to BLITTZIN
C1 is a joke its not you its them
BLITTZIN
Sherman, TX

BLITTZIN

Right on bud! Cable1 or verizon 1 meg. No other choices. Isn't communist America great! Jking....
BLITTZIN

BLITTZIN to areoh

to areoh
Click for full size
Exactly. lmao. It's a new build haven't tweaked it yet or overclocked anything. I released and renewed winsock and tcp/ip in case it was corrupt. I can release ip but it won't let me renew. The screenshot will show the issue with the adapter. I have dhcp enabled but it says disabled. I'm using a motorola sb6180. I should have at least 10 network protocol but I only have 8. I thought I was on lan but again it shows wan. I don't know enough about that part. There's alot of other weird/unknown issues. Cable1 is notorious for being shoddy. My preferred is a proxy, that didn't seem right and I can't recall it being like that since I've been off dial up years ago. I know something or someone is throttling me. I can't even backpage my browser. It's a dban and reinstall for me. I screwed up and ran combofix before the pro's could check my hijack this. I notice a lot more spyware when I scan with norton. Thanks for your help and here's a screenshot of my part of the adapter entries.
John Patrick
join:2001-06-07
Sioux City, IA
·Sparklight

John Patrick to BLITTZIN

to BLITTZIN
As the instructions state ComboFix is not a tool for the average Joe to use. You should stick to using malwarebytes, spybot S&D, or superantispyware. Unless your trained DO not run ComboFix.

Introduction
ComboFix is a program, created by sUBs, that scans your computer for known malware, and when found, attempts to clean these infections automatically. In addition to being able to remove a large amount of the most common and current malware, ComboFix also displays a report that can be used by trained helpers to remove malware that is not automatically removed by the program.

At this time ComboFix can only run on the following Windows versions:

Windows XP (32-bit only)
Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit)
Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)

You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.
BLITTZIN
Sherman, TX

BLITTZIN

I realized it after I had already ran it and restarted. I'm going to do dban and fresh install. The fact remains that I'm usually at 90 percent packet loss and missing network adapter protocol, no addresses and dhcp shown disabled even though it's enabled in my lan settings. I show wan when I thought I'm on a lan. Cable1 is choking my 50 meg connection. Thanks for your help though. Peace always.