join:2003-12-20
Someshire

1 edit

2 recommendations

Cudni

MVM

AV-Comparatives.org, bullying, censorship and financial deal

"..
Peter Stelzhammer of AV-comparatives.org is threating me and blackmailing me saying that if I don’t “censor” my forum postings they will reveal “confidential” information.
.."

»www.melih.com/2011/11/27 ··· vendors/

Almost like watching a soap opera

edit: and a reply from AVC
»www.av-comparatives.org/ ··· dID=1054

Cudni

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore

Premium Member

Truly.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

1 recommendation

ZZZZZZZ to Cudni

Premium Member

to Cudni
Those supposed unbiased tests have been useless for years.

Good for you for pointing it out.

Smokey Bear
veritas odium parit
Premium Member
join:2008-03-15
Annie's Pub

3 recommendations

Smokey Bear to Cudni

Premium Member

to Cudni
Melih is the star in many soap opera's, in the beginning it was amusing to watch his melodramatic way of acting, now it's just annoying. Can be that Melih missed the continuous fuss around him, he was always the superstar in horror stories. Probably he desperately need attention from the crowd again, he loves such and can't live without. Poor Melih...

Ryan
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Boston, MA

Ryan to Cudni

Premium Member

to Cudni
Is it me or am I the only one who doesnt really understand what Melih is trying to say? Vendors pay for testing and thats a big secret? How else would av-comparatives pay the staff that runs the tests? IDK.. I read the email twice and all I got from it was av-compartives trying to defend themselves against Melih's bashing (after the fact he found out his product scored badly) The whole detection/protection arguement I dont really understand either.. Detection = Part of protection. Personally if there is anyone I wouldnt trust right now in the security area its Melih.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

Cudni

MVM

I don't understand why was it necessary to use a threat of revealing some info to compel Comodo to remove some posts. Asking not enough these days it seems.

Cudni

IBK2
@surfer.at

IBK2 to Smokey Bear

Anon

to Smokey Bear
»www.av-comparatives.org/ ··· dID=1054

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

2 recommendations

Triple Helix to Cudni

Premium Member

to Cudni
Nothing new from Melih!

TH
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

2 recommendations

Mele20 to Cudni

Premium Member

to Cudni
Ugh. When will folks learn to stay completely away from Comodo products and to disable all Comodo related certs in their browsers?

Melih has been banned from several respectable security forums because of this type of ranting that is irresponsible and immature coming from the CEO of a security company. Now he is at it again and has no foundation in fact upon which to base his rant.

I am proud of IBK See Profile as his response is quite mature, to the point, and factual. That in the face of Melih's attempt to provoke IBK See Profile. I fully support his wise decision to stop testing Comodo products for the foreseeable future.

zteardrop
join:2005-12-20
Brooklyn, NY

zteardrop to Cudni

to Cudni
Hmm, who do I believe, Melih ? or Av-Comparatives. That is one hard decision. No wait, not really, I believe AVC.

Melih is certifiable.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Cudni

Premium Member

to Cudni

Hmm...
Apparently, the tracking is because he has a video blog at Youtube but still...youtube should not track just because I visited Melih's blog link mentioned in this thread. After I noticed the tracking, I did, out of curiosity, go to his video blog page. I found this SCARY AND DEPRESSING statement:

"Comodo has powered its way to the number two Certificate Authority position, controlling nearly one-third of all SSL certificates worldwide." OMG. (bolding is mine)

»www.youtube.com/melihvision
SafireDonkey
Premium Member
join:2006-10-29

SafireDonkey

Premium Member

Hmmmm, Melih in the first corner, AVC in the other.
I vote for a double KO !

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

1 recommendation

Triple Helix to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Ugh. When will folks learn to stay completely away from Comodo products and to disable all Comodo related certs in their browsers?

Melih has been banned from several respectable security forums because of this type of ranting that is irresponsible and immature coming from the CEO of a security company. Now he is at it again and has no foundation in fact upon which to base his rant.

I am proud of IBK See Profile as his response is quite mature, to the point, and factual. That in the face of Melih's attempt to provoke IBK See Profile. I fully support his wise decision to stop testing Comodo products for the foreseeable future.

Even though I never used Comodo Products I probably would use the FW but Melih is such an Idiot as a CEO and it's been going on for years! Also I wouldn't recommend to anyone to use any of there products for that reason!

TH
jp10558
Premium Member
join:2005-06-24
Willseyville, NY

jp10558 to Cudni

Premium Member

to Cudni
Well, I'm not a fan of Melih, I have no idea what he's trying to do. But I am a big fan of the Comodo products - they are as good or better than anything I've tried, and they're free.

If I didn't use products because I didn't like the CEO, I couldn't use Microsoft (Ballmer is pretty crazy) or Apple (well, I don't know about Tim Cook, but Jobs was pretty out there)...

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger to Ryan

MVM

to Ryan
said by Ryan:

Is it me or am I the only one who doesnt really understand what Melih is trying to say? Vendors pay for testing and thats a big secret? How else would av-comparatives pay the staff that runs the tests? IDK.. I read the email twice and all I got from it was av-compartives trying to defend themselves against Melih's bashing (after the fact he found out his product scored badly) The whole detection/protection arguement I dont really understand either.. Detection = Part of protection. Personally if there is anyone I wouldnt trust right now in the security area its Melih.

ditto

Blake

ashrc4
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
australia

ashrc4 to Smokey Bear

Premium Member

to Smokey Bear
said by Smokey Bear:

Melih is the star in many soap opera's, in the beginning it was amusing to watch his melodramatic way of acting, now it's just annoying. Can be that Melih missed the continuous fuss around him, he was always the superstar in horror stories. Probably he desperately need attention from the crowd again, he loves such and can't live without. Poor Melih...

This one has remarkable similarities to a previous script.
"Playing David" dosen't fit either. Galieth should just pay.
windaz
join:2010-09-23

1 edit

windaz to Cudni

to Cudni
What do you do when faced with a bully, censor and/or blackmailer? Send $50,000 their way!

www.melih.com/2011/12/07/comodo-agrees-to-pay-50000-to-av-comparatives-org-for-test-auditing-validation/

Thread at Comodo with replies from Peter (AV-Comparatives)

»forums.comodo.com/melihs ··· 1.0.html

Smokey Bear
veritas odium parit
Premium Member
Annie's Pub

Smokey Bear

Premium Member

said by windaz:
forums.comodo.com/melihs-corner-ceo-talkdiscussionsblog/comodo-agrees-to-pay-50000-to-avcomparativesorg-t7a9151.0.html

Error 404 "Page not found"
Expand your moderator at work
windaz
join:2010-09-23

windaz to Smokey Bear

to Smokey Bear

Re: AV-Comparatives.org, bullying, censorship and financial deal

This link should work

Smokey Bear
veritas odium parit
Premium Member
Annie's Pub

1 recommendation

Smokey Bear

Premium Member

said by windaz:
This link should work

Thanks.

It's like I told before, Melih missed the continuous fuss around him, he desperately need attention from the crowd again. People like K McAleavey See Profile don't fit in that Melih Oneman Show PR Campaign, to Melih they are just annoying pests. This time AV-Comparatives.org is the main aim to attack. Poor Melih, he is getting really desperate...
Expand your moderator at work
DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

DarkSithPro (banned) to Cudni

to Cudni

Re: AV-Comparatives.org, bullying, censorship and financial deal

You know what would put an end to this? Microsoft Corporation! If Steve Ballmer would release a statement affirming AV-Comparatives.org's legitimacy, that would be huge and put an end to this conundrum. Unfortunately I don't think he would care, or MS for that matter!

stefejobs
@dtra.mil

stefejobs

Anon

said by DarkSithPro:

You know what would put an end to this? Microsoft Corporation! If Steve Ballmer would release a statement affirming AV-Comparatives.org's legitimacy, that would be huge and put an end to this conundrum. Unfortunately I don't think he would care, or MS for that matter!

I think a bigger impact would be if Steve Jobs released a statement confirming AV-COMP legitimacy. Maybe then Melih would listen, but then again maybe not.

Melih is the major reason I don't use comodo, I don't trust him so I don't trust the tools he oversees.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay

MVM

If Steve Jobs released a statement confirming AV-COMP legitimacy, I believe that that would have far more an impact on the world than on Melih!

TwighlightLA
Premium Member
join:2010-07-03

TwighlightLA to Ryan

Premium Member

to Ryan
said by Ryan:

Is it me or am I the only one who doesnt really understand what Melih is trying to say?

What I would say is I understand perfectly what he is saying. It is crystal clear. Then he shows us the email from AV-Comparatives.org upon which he basis his claim.

One problem, on the face alone the emails don't say what he alleges.

Loser.