join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to navymaverick

Re: [Cataclysm] SWTOR beta

said by navymaverick:

I personally see no problem with the standard UI. I have my addons that enhance gameplay but the UI that comes with the game is more than adequate.

He's on MAC and......it's goin fast and..... it doesn't run all of the addons the rest of us haaaaveeeee!
--
I'm not loafing. I work so fast I'm always finished.
If idiots could fly, this would be an airport.

Slydermv

join:2010-03-11
Thunder Bay, ON
reply to ksharp25

said by ksharp25:

But my opinion, A LOT of WoW players (MMO players in general) who are not used to BioWare games with heavy dialouge/talking cutscenes...are not gonna like SWTOR. I mean the players who get quests and are like "zomg wall of text..cancel." Just accept the quests, then read the map to see where to go? Yeah..you can tdo that here. You have to sit through the dialogue and make choices, there is no shortcutting to accepting quests that I can see. Personally, its what i LOVED. But im a Lore/story guy....so...yeah

You can spacebar all the dialog and just select the darkside/light side responses and quickly pick everything up if the stories aren't your thing.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by Slydermv:

said by ksharp25:

But my opinion, A LOT of WoW players (MMO players in general) who are not used to BioWare games with heavy dialouge/talking cutscenes...are not gonna like SWTOR. I mean the players who get quests and are like "zomg wall of text..cancel." Just accept the quests, then read the map to see where to go? Yeah..you can tdo that here. You have to sit through the dialogue and make choices, there is no shortcutting to accepting quests that I can see. Personally, its what i LOVED. But im a Lore/story guy....so...yeah

You can spacebar all the dialog and just select the darkside/light side responses and quickly pick everything up if the stories aren't your thing.

If I ever tried that I'd def be spacebarring the shit out of quests like that.
--

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to watermasta

Moo's, here's the spreadsheet.

The one thing that makes a large difference is the weight of stamina in this comparison.

Any idea the equivalent stamina amount per resil?

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to watermasta

I'm the atypical Wow player who hates reading/doing quests and just looks at the map to figure out what i need to go kill. That being said I was doing the spacebar thing at the beginning of the swtor beta but found myself getting drawn into the story and by the end of it I was actually watching the scenes and enjoying myself which was weird.
I usually hate the campaign style games and just want to get on with the multiplayer acpect of it. I must have ADD. lol. But the simple fact that I did not have to read something made it more enjoyable. While watching something is not really my fortay either, it was nice to be involved with the scenes by the "Choose your own adventure" style they used. They might actually keep me entertained with the story while leveling with this one. Too early to tell though.

watermasta

@DFAS.MIL
reply to watermasta

Attention everyone.

SWTOR>WOW

That is all.

Carry on.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

water makes me laugh

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to watermasta

said by watermasta :

Attention everyone.

SWTOR>WOW

That is all.

Carry on.

Those crazy finance guys are always so simple minded.
--

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI

I R Accountant

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by Snuffbox:

I R Accountant

I love you

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moos

said by Moos:

I would be willing to bet that SWtor will allow addons just like Wow does after it's released.

My gaming time budget is extremely limited. I only played WoW and since I quit have played nothing while waiting for TOR.

So this really is a simple, sincere request for information rather than a disagreement with Moos See Profile: What MMOs since WoW have supported UI addons?
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

rift

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to watermasta

i will give tor credit for implying your character has had sex, atleast it is adult about that. not that its a changer for me but it is cool that they made it somewhat realistic, from an rpg pov.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
What was the name of the brain that you got me? Abby someone. Abby Normal.

Goodmongo

join:2011-10-21
Schaumburg, IL
reply to watermasta

In vanilla WOW it took a two to three months to hit level 60. This comment is based on normal playing and not speed leveling.

What I'm wondering is how long it will take to reach max level in SW:TOR if you play for the story and quests. This might have an impact on how long people stay around.

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by Goodmongo:

In vanilla WOW it took a two to three months to hit level 60. This comment is based on normal playing and not speed leveling.

What I'm wondering is how long it will take to reach max level in SW:TOR if you play for the story and quests. This might have an impact on how long people stay around.

In Vanilla WoW you usually leveled to 60 at around 5-6 days /played. Again this is no speed/power leveling. My priest was like 5.5 days /played when I dinged.

I dinged lvl 20 on a trooper in 18 hours of play, and lvl 20 on a JC in 20 hours.

I'm hearing that regular leveling to 50 is about 72 hours /played give or take.

stiki

join:2010-01-25
reply to mettachain

Holdon, spacebar is used to skip dialog in sweator? How am I suppose to jump?

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Can't jump and talk at the same time. Makes conversations during hurdles awkward.

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
reply to I_H8_Spam

The cutscene dialog is kinda the reason that makes SWTOR unique. Spacebar takes a lot of the story away.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to watermasta

I looked it over and only found one error. I added a sheet #2 with some changes on and and a Sheet #3 with explanations.. Take a look and let me know what u think. Should we start a new thread on this? I thought I heard somewhere that resilience was changing again or going away soon?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI

It's becoming baseline if I understand right. So it'll still be present on gear, but increases like your base stamina increases as you level.

I'll take a look as soon as I can.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI

1 edit

Just took a brief look because this is what I was suspicious of.

This is where you're double dipping:

Your note I believe to be incorrect.
"Should be: C10 * C16, Not C8*C16"

You've alread calculated the number of hits required WITH resilience, and now you're multiplying what you've calculated to be mitigated by resilience by that number, which I believe to be double dipping.

You need to either multiply the number of hits without resilience x resilience mitigation.

Or, multiply the number of hits with resilience x total hit before resilience.

Not both, it's applying resilience twice IMO.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI

2 edits

I'm going to attempt to explain this clearly to see if we're on the same page using no numbers.

Resilience lowers the damage of each hit by X.

Because of resilience, it takes Y (More) hits instead of Z (Less) hits to kill player.

So if you multiply X by Y, you're applying resilience twice to calculate effective health.

Let me know what you think?

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium
Salt Lake City, UT

1 edit
reply to Snuffbox

Resilience talk moved to another Post