nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to Spork35

Re: [Cataclysm] SWTOR beta

said by Spork35:

It tells you who's a MMORPG noob and who's been around the block a few times.

... We all know who here is old school and who's not.... I'll just leave it at that...
--
said by Goodmongo:

See I've been called worse by much more important people in my life.

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Spork35
said by Spork35:

said by Zyncotl:

said by navymaverick:

More developed UI allowing for better (IMO) interface options that WoW has yet to do.

Uh, what? In WoW you can make your own UI. In SWTOR you're stuck with the generic vanilla-wow style UI.

You mean the UI you can make that pops up errors and/or breaks after every patch? The same mods that slow down your PC and make the game run like crap some times? I can live without them. We did in EQ, FFXI, and every other game before WoW. As long as everyone is on the same level you don't need them.

But not everyone is on the same lvl and not everyone has the same computer. So if they run like crap or slow yours down may not be the case for everyone else. If you dont like to take the 15 minutes to install the new updates for the mods then yes, you will have issues with them. It is not like there is a patch every week where you have to update Mods. DBM is the main one that gets updated throughout current content.

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3
reply to Snuffbox
I personally see no problem with the standard UI. I have my addons that enhance gameplay but the UI that comes with the game is more than adequate. However, I saw last night where TOR had differences with its standard UI that to me looked more thought out than WoW. One of the most notable was that HUD map. If you pull up the map (m key) and move, your map turns into a hud so you can see where you are headed as well as have the map still in front of you. Those kind of little tweaks is what I was refering to in my initial statement.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
said by navymaverick:

One of the most notable was that HUD map. If you pull up the map (m key) and move, your map turns into a hud so you can see where you are headed as well as have the map still in front of you. Those kind of little tweaks is what I was refering to in my initial statement.

Perfect example of something a WoW addon can provide you if you wish.

If you don't want addons, nothing is wrong with the default UI. But Beaner calling players "noobs" for using addons and claiming they all slow down your computer and cause errors is silly.
--
said by Goodmongo:

Slydermv

join:2010-03-11
Thunder Bay, ON
reply to watermasta
It's Beta.

Combat logs and UI enhancements will come.

Also, I do not hate WoW. It was a good game, but for me it was time to move on. SWTOR is the game I will move onto.

Also, combat logs, and damage meters are essential for any sort of hard mode progress which this game claims it will have. I expect a combat log to be in at launch or shortly after. While it's always fun to hump meters and be a douche, people will be douches without meters. However, for the people the play the game to raid, min/max, and want to figure out how and why they died.... this will be essential.

EDIT: I played the f2P lotro for a month or two actually. Thier UI was quick slick. No addons, but everything was movable and scaleable. Tghis system would work as well.

Spork35

join:2011-07-13
Methuen, MA
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

said by Spork35:

It tells you who's a MMORPG noob and who's been around the block a few times.

... We all know who here is old school and who's not.... I'll just leave it at that...

Everyone is old school if you ask or confront them online here. Reality is quite another story as is reading comprehension.....I'll just leave it at that....
--
"We are the Borg. You WILL be assimilated!" -ST:TNG

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Slydermv
Yeah, that wasn't directed at you at all Slydermv.

It's the people that are flooding in bashing WoW.

Again, I'm sure there are things SWTOR will do better than WoW - as they should... They've had 8 years to copy and improve a product...
--
said by Goodmongo:

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
Good point Snuff.

Yall also notice that most who are bashing WoW no longer play. I say that if you have moved on, take your emotions with you please.
Expand your moderator at work

Slydermv

join:2010-03-11
Thunder Bay, ON
reply to Snuffbox

said by Snuffbox:

Yeah, that wasn't directed at you at all Slydermv.

It's the people that are flooding in bashing WoW.

Again, I'm sure there are things SWTOR will do better than WoW - as they should... They've had 8 years to copy and improve a product...

Oh yeah... no worries. I just wanted to point out that fact that I wasn't a wow sux drooling douche.

But yeah, I could really care less if it does better or worse. A stable player base and frequent updates are all I need. Compitition would make both games better actually.

CpnObvious

join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA
reply to Anon
I may regret asking this question, but what constitutes "old school" in this context?
--
"Hunters are SOL, but that's normal." -Nickdres

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

But Beaner calling players "noobs" for using addons and claiming they all slow down your computer and cause errors is silly.

Would you like it if I retyped what I said since reading comprehension is difficult?
"We did in EQ, FFXI, and every other game before WoW. As long as everyone is on the same level you don't need them."

Let's put that in kindergarten terms to help some people out. If the game doesn't allow mods your fine without mods. I'm sure the trolling was more fun by taking it out of context though. I'm glad it was phrased in a way that the lower reading comprehension people didn't understand it. It's very amusing. Where's Arch to jump on this?!?!!?
--

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to CpnObvious
said by CpnObvious:

I may regret asking this question, but what constitutes "old school" in this context?

Usually vanilla is a pretty reputable definition of old school. That being said, I know plenty of bad vanilla players that are still around.
--
said by Goodmongo:

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Spork35
said by Spork35:

the game doesn't allow mods your fine without mods.

Oh? So if WoW didn't allow addons, it'd mean it's a perfect game?

Now I see.
--
said by Goodmongo:

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

said by CpnObvious:

Usually vanilla is a pretty reputable definition of old school. That being said, I know plenty of bad vanilla players that are still around.

You jumped on the WoW koolaid when I was talking about MMORPG's in general from the beginning of time.

FYI: That's not 'old school' unless the context is on WoW alone which it wasn't. Hit the restroom and get that egg off your face.
--

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

said by Spork35:

the game doesn't allow mods your fine without mods.

Oh? So if WoW didn't allow addons, it'd mean it's a perfect game?

Now I see.

Then it'd be like every other MMORPG with different graphics. Hell yeaz! Please IM Archivis and get some trolling classes. Your an utter failure!
--

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Spork35
said by Spork35:

That's not 'old school' unless the context is on WoW alone which it wasn't.

I'll play - Lets compare ePeens.

Do you know the game Tribes? It still on my HD, and I play it regularly. Look it up, see what kind of history it has as online multiplayer game.

Marathon... Quake, Heros of Might and Magic, Duke Nukem I could go on forever... And we haven't even touched down on Atari...

This is a joke. We all know the only way people are respected on this forum is based on the information they provide (and unfortunately for me, HOW they provide it).

I'm a dick, but I know my stuff. You sir, do not.

--
said by Goodmongo:

Expand your moderator at work

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to Snuffbox

OMG I still play Tribes tooo.. holy shit

Man I used to be a beast on TWL running flags back in the day..

I also was pretty notorious for my MA abilities.. oh how more games need a disc launcher like Tribes..

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

said by Spork35:

That's not 'old school' unless the context is on WoW alone which it wasn't.

I'll play - Lets compare ePeens.

Do you know the game Tribes? It still on my HD, and I play it regularly. Look it up, see what kind of history it has as online multiplayer game.

Marathon... Quake, Heros of Might and Magic, Duke Nukem I could go on forever... And we haven't even touched down on Atari...

This is a joke. We all know the only way people are respected on this forum is based on the information they provide (and unfortunately for me, HOW they provide it).

I'm a dick, but I know my stuff. You sir, do not.

Not sure what single player standalone video games have to do with online rpg's but it's amusing. Please continue. I'm in awe of your thought process. Is there any rolling text things in there for you?
--

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Arsinic
said by Arsinic:

OMG I still play Tribes tooo.. holy shit

Man I used to be a beast on TWL running flags back in the day..

I also was pretty notorious for my MA abilities.. oh how more games need a disc launcher like Tribes..

Hah, I knew I liked you. You play a rogue and know your #$& too.

I've been following a supposed F2P new release of Tribes. I really hope they grasped the skiing/MA and MD's! (Mine discs).
--
said by Goodmongo:

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to watermasta
Timeline w/Release Dates (NA):
BatMUD - Apr 12, 1990
TW2002 - Jun 14, 1993
MajorMUD - Nov 4, 1994
The Realm - Mar ??, 1995
Meridian 59 - Dec 15, 1995
Dragonrealms - Feb ??, 1996
Furcadia - Dec 16, 1996
UO - Sep 25, 1997
Tibia - Dec 31, 1997
Nexus - Jan 31, 1998
Lineage - Sep 3, 1998
Tribes - Nov 30, 1998
EQ - Mar 16, 1999
AC - Nov 2, 1999
RuneScape - Jan 4, 2001
PSO - Jan 29, 2001
AO - Jun 27, 2001
LoM - Sep 19, 2001
DAoC - Oct 10, 2001
Flyff - Aug 31, 2002
EnB - Sep 24, 2002
AC2 - Nov 22, 2002
The Sims - Dec 17, 2002
Shadowbane - Mar 25, 2003
Eve - May 6, 2003
RO - Jun 1, 2003
SWG - Jun 23, 2003
FFXI - Oct 28, 2003
Horizons - Dec 9, 2003
Lineage2 - Apr 27, 2004
CoH - Apr 28, 2004
EQ2 - Nov 8, 2004
WoW - Nov 23, 2004
Guild Wars - Apr 26, 2005
Maple Story - May 11, 2005
ROSE - Dec 1, 2005
DDO - Feb 28, 2006
Vanguard - Jan 30, 2007
LOTRO - Apr 24, 2007
Silkroad - Sep 14, 2007
AoC - May 20, 2008
WAR - Sep 18, 2008
Rappelz - May 19, 2009
Aion - Sep 22, 2009
--

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Spork35
You're still here? SWTOR forums that way =====>

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
Damint, cant make the other symbol, but its left not right.

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

You're still here? SWTOR forums that way =====>

I play Zelda & WoW right now but it's nice to know your out of stuff to troll on and you've excepted defeat. *bow*
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Spork35:

it's nice to know your out of stuff to troll on and you've excepted defeat. *bow*

sigh...

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Spork35
said by Spork35:

you've excepted defeat. *bow*

Yeah bro, you win. Curse is a multi-milliondollar site without reason and SWTOR > WoW Holla!

Kthxbai.
said by Spork35:

excepted

--
said by Goodmongo:

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Treebark
said by Treebark:

Damint, cant make the other symbol, but its left not right.

I'll get it right one of these times
--
said by Goodmongo:

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Spork35:

it's nice to know your out of stuff to troll on and you've excepted defeat. *bow*

sigh...

lmao

--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Spork35

Methuen, MA
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

SWTOR > WoW Holla!

I guess this is why your called Snuffbox? Is that what you really think? I'm sure SWTOR will pull some WoW people but hardly that. We do love the jokes of anonymous online forums for non-stop entertainment though. No place else on Earth for free is as good.
--