Search similar:

uniqs
hjlane33
join:2008-01-07
Wilmington, DE

1 edit

hjlane33

[Speed] Problems in Louisville, KY - hjlane33's issues

I've been having similar problems in the Louisville area.

Ref: »[Connectivity] High Latency Slow Speeds NKY

InsightTech5 messaged me on it, and Insight called me a few hours ago. They're saying "I immediately noticed that several of the signals that we monitor for your connection are outside of their acceptable ranges".

A tech will be coming out Wed to look. However, I'm skeptical that it's just my signal... network traces I do showing latency spikes a hop AFTER leaving my modem. If my modem's signal to the local node was bad, I'd see the latency before then.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

Re: [Speed] Problems in 40208 (Louisville, KY) With 20.0

I'm afraid it's always best to post your own topic, vs posting in someone else's

..nodes are different for everyone, even within street blocks - as are markets.
I'm moving your post above to it's own thread for consideration and further assistance.

Please address additional commentary here. Thanks
hjlane33
Wilmington, DE

hjlane33

Re: [Speed] Problems in Louisville, KY - hjlane33's issues

Had a tech out to my place last night. After explaining the problem, they pulled up network bandwidth for the area, which clearly showed the network having periods of peak saturation. All the incidents I logged the couple days prior, occur at the same times as these peak saturation periods. There was no need to inspect my modem.

The tech was vaguely aware of this being a known issue, and that work will be getting done sometime in the near feature. They'll be reporting the incident to their maintenance people for review too.

EDIT: To clarify, I am in the Southern Indiana area, right outside Louisville, KY.
Singular
Premium Member
join:2008-08-13
Shelbyville, KY

Singular

Premium Member

said by hjlane33:

Had a tech out to my place last night. After explaining the problem, they pulled up network bandwidth for the area, which clearly showed the network having periods of peak saturation. All the incidents I logged the couple days prior, occur at the same times as these peak saturation periods. There was no need to inspect my modem.

The tech was vaguely aware of this being a known issue, and that work will be getting done sometime in the near feature. They'll be reporting the incident to their maintenance people for review too.

EDIT: To clarify, I am in the Southern Indiana area, right outside Louisville, KY.

You should send an email to Mr. Willner. That was the only way I could ever get them to do node splits to address saturation issues. Make sure you provide him with plenty of proof and they will forward the request on to the local network maintenance guy and usually they will give you a call, at the least the one I dealt with did. He was very informative, kept me up to date and took great care of me.
hjlane33
Wilmington, DE

hjlane33

I took your advise, and emailed Mr. Willner last week. Today I received a call from an Insight network admin. He confirmed that high saturation has been a known issue in my area for a couple months, and new hardware is on the way to remedy the problem around ~1/18. He's going to follow up with me again the following week, to ensure I've seen an improvement.

I'm blown away they got back to me.
Singular
Premium Member
join:2008-08-13
Shelbyville, KY

Singular to hjlane33

Premium Member

to hjlane33
Yeah, what's really sad is I am sure that's all going to change when TWC takes over. So enjoy it while you can.