spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Memphis901
join:2011-11-28
Memphis, TN

Memphis901

[Services] Need info about quality of service with U-Verse

I currently have comcast, ive had 5 visits from tech people and countless support sessions with online chat.

Im finally going to give up on them and move to UVerse since its available in my area now.

I download a lot and game, so connection quality and up time is very important.

Anyone use this for gaming? (PS3) is there a bandwidth cap monthly?( ill research this but ill ask here any way) , and how stable is the connection? will it be slow if other people in my area have UVerse?and lastly is UVerse phone line only, there seems to be a problem with the cables here is why i ask.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

The cap is 250GB per month. For the other questions I would repost in the Uverse Forum at »AT&T U-verse.
Memphis901
Memphis, TN

Memphis901

Thanks, same as CC, hopefully they're lax with the restrictions, ive went over that plenty of times.
StLCardsFan
join:2011-06-06
Lafayette, LA

StLCardsFan

pings will be much higher and you will notice lag if playing fps online. It is quite noticeable actually.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to Memphis901

to Memphis901
what part of Memphis are you at? I'm in Bartlett and very happy I went with Comcast...

AT&T Uverse salespeople where in my neighborhood over the thanksgiving weekend and tried to sell me the service. I told them no thanks, I am happy with my Comcast Cable.

I have 2 friends who have it, 1 around Macon area and 1 in Cordova. Both of them are having headaches with it.
Memphis901
Memphis, TN

Memphis901

Im in East Memphis.

I had 0 issues before i moved.

But in this apartment complex its one problem after another.

They come and say its fixed, then it runs back into issues.chat support is useless.

Was hoping U-Verse would solve my issues since its phone line
medbuyer
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by Memphis901:

Im in East Memphis.

I had 0 issues before i moved.

But in this apartment complex its one problem after another.

They come and say its fixed, then it runs back into issues.chat support is useless.

ahhhh in an apartment...

have you tried asking comcast to run you a new line? depending of course if your landlord will permit to it and how you ask comcast for it.

when I lived in an apartment 7 years ago on stage, I asked comcast to run me a new line from their pedestal up to my wall, which was easy as I was on the ground floor and was only a few feet away from it.

you might be better off doing this than getting Uverse on old apartment phone lines which is really a bigger headache.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin to Memphis901

to Memphis901
said by Memphis901:

Because of this fact you will end up opening a Pandora's box with a lot more problems.

Believe me, stay with Comcast and try what asjamias suggested and get a new coaxial cable drop.

dslfan90
@comcast.net

dslfan90 to davidhoffman

Anon

to davidhoffman
No bandwidth caps are currently being enforced for U-verse internet.
medbuyer
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by dslfan90 :

No bandwidth caps are currently being enforced for U-verse internet.

that is even if they can provide a good service though....caps would be the last thing to worry about...

how's your comcast connection though? mr dsl fan...