share rss forum feed

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA
kudos:1

[Serious] DMV A warning

I am warning you all... 1 time, maybe accident, 2 times coincidence, 3 times probable, 4 times evidence.

The DMV is not sending out early renewal notices for your vehicle registration. I paid 200 dollars in "Late" fees, others are similar. Check your tags today!
--
I have a restraining order against the voices in my head.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

I'm not surprised with. Mine is not due until June but I'll keep my eye out. Thanks for the heads up.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
reply to TheRul

Weird. I never depend on notices, but I do keep an eye on my renewal dates. I love being able to do everything on-line.

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

1 recommendation

reply to TheRul

»dmv.ca.gov/pubs/newsrel/newsrel1···wals.htm

They are not sending notices anymore. You now have 30 days after they expire
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

My reg expired in July and I got my notice this year. Something to keep in mind for next year...

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

said by Wily_One:

My reg expired in July and I got my notice this year. Something to keep in mind for next year...

Yep I got my last notice this year (before Oct.) Already put reminders into the calendar for the next year!
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

shortckt
Watchen Das Blinken Lights
Premium
join:2000-12-05
Tenant Hell
reply to TheRul

This DMV nonsense ends 12/31/2011 and they go back to the usual way of sending renewal notices.

So as not to be repetitive....
»DMV A warning

sapo
Cruising Down Memory Lane
Premium
join:2002-09-16
Sacramento, CA
reply to TheRul

My cars reg expires in Nov and I got my notice on time in the mail but I did require a smog this year. These type of things are your responsibility anyway. Did you think you were going to get a year for free all of a sudden?

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

1 edit
reply to TheRul

Just had my registration due last of Oct and had to do smog as well (by Nov 30).
No major issues other than hitting the deadlines and the enhanced method of smog check.

berserken

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to sapo

said by sapo:

Did you think you were going to get a year for free all of a sudden?

That's unnecessarily snotty, don't you think? You got your reminder, I got mine. I've come to depend on the periodic notices of payments coming due, including for DMV, and don't make additional provisions for reminders. For about 40 years, I've got the notice to register and, for about 40 years, I've upheld my responsibility to pay it. It's got nothing to do with weaseling out. It's entirely understandable that someone might depend on the reminder to trigger the action and miss the deadline if it doesn't come.

sapo
Cruising Down Memory Lane
Premium
join:2002-09-16
Sacramento, CA

I don't think it's "snotty". Reminders are nothing but a luxury and Americans overall deserve a nice slap on the ass to understand what responsibility is.

berserken

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to TheRul

Thank you, Mistress! May I have another?

AlphaOne
I see
Premium
join:2004-02-21
reply to TheRul

Ours are still getting early renewal notices on time.
The one that's due January received it a long time ago.
And the other one due March I received it last week.

I've been renewing online ever since they offered the great service.

Expand your moderator at work