The Lan Man
Premium Member
join:2002-06-08
Greenville, SC

DaMaGeINC to signalfishin

Premium Member

to signalfishin

Re: Load-balancing multiple wireless networks

Ive load balanced 4 wireless connections before using pFsense. But you can do as many as you want.

Get a few multi port Lan adapters and install them into the pFsense box and just setup multi-wan load balancing.

You can have fail-over and round robin balancing. Works great!

»www.intel.com/network/co ··· abit.htm
»www.pfsense.org/

clarknova
join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB

clarknova

said by DaMaGeINC:

Get a few multi port Lan adapters and install them into the pFsense box and just setup multi-wan load balancing.

Or get a vlan switch if you prefer.

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium Member
Greenville, SC

DaMaGeINC

Premium Member

I could never get the VLAN load balancing to work... And im pretty smart when it comes to this... Only reason I suggest the multi port..
signalfishin
join:2011-11-24

signalfishin to DaMaGeINC

to DaMaGeINC
Could I run pfsense box with ethernet ports with Linksys routers on them instead of mini Pcie solution?

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium Member
Greenville, SC

DaMaGeINC

Premium Member

said by signalfishin:

Could I run pfsense box with ethernet ports with Linksys routers on them instead of mini Pcie solution?

If im understanding what you are asking:

You want each port on the pFsense box to link to a "wlan router"(that pulls in a wlan signal) and have them load balanced and aggregated for the internal network...

This is easily done with pFsense the way I described. BUT!!

From your diagram, you have several wlan signals terminating into a single router.. You are then limited by the bandwidth of that router and no matter how many wlan signals you get, you will still only achieve the max speed of the radio of that unit!

Do you have any more information you can give us on what hardware you have to perform this function? Thats basically what it comes down to...