Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1

[Raiding] DragonSoul Raid Progression Thread (4.3)

Keep out the BS.... go!

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
25 man - 1 shot the first 2 bosses. 3 shot the next 2. On to Ultraxion tonight.

Why the hell does it only drop 2 tokens in 25 man if I hear it drops 1-2 tokens in 10 man? WTF doesn't seem right. It should be dropping 3-5 if that's the case.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
4/8 night one. We'll get Ultraxion tonight when the DC boss allows people to push buttons.

The official blue response to 2 tokens in 25 man is "do LFR to shore up gaps in gear". True story.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
its a good response, IMO. Blizz and Casuals need reasons for l33ts to run LFR to keep it going (like we needed l33ts to grace us for timed ZA runs).

edit: responding here to minimize "BS posts" in this thread. I derive my assessment from Blizzard's explanation for the Valor Points nerf (how many you get per raid boss kill). They want people doing raids to get gear. They want people using LFR to fill in gear gaps rather than just amassing a ton of VP and buying things from the same one-time run of a raid dungeon. It also keeps the MMO in WoW, IMO (just wanted to string a bunch of acronyms together).

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
It does fly counter to the "do what you want" game style they're espousing for MoP if they're trying this as a pilot program though.

Some people want to raid with their uber-guild then GTFO the game. If you're in a serious raid guild, you can't avoid running content that is either boring or frustrating to you to cap your VP to get your VP-only pieces quicker so that you can help your progression.

EDIT: PHRASING

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

The official blue response to 2 tokens in 25 man is "do LFR to shore up gaps in gear". True story.

They trying to kill 25 man raiding? Just make LFR only drop 2 tokens if they're that worried. Don't discourage guilds from raiding 25 mans, you do that enough already.
--
Here's the final bullet,

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
I think Immer's response was probably the real reason. "Shit guys if all we have are LFD rangers in the LFR, this won't work! how do we get the good guys in here?"

Here's the full quote from Daxxarri in response to this same question (retyped from phone):

LFR gear is less powerful than standard gear, and the groups performin those raids don't have any kind of oranized loot distribution system to ensure that raid members receive a "fair share".

Of course, between your Normal or Heroic raids, you can jump into an LFR to shore up the weak points in your gear load out.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
Thanks for the post, back on topic

Did anyone get any shots in on Ultraxion+ last night (top guild on my realm is 7/8 already) so it can't be too hard, is the L2R strat accurate?
--
Here's the final bullet,

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to JB
We managed to do 4/8 (25 man) in our first 3 hours of raiding, we'll certainly try the next 4 tonight, we hoping we down 3 and work on DW on Thursday.

Bit dissapointed on only 2 T13 drops instead of 3.

Some guilds in our realm already have 8/8 (and they didn't lose any time spamming trade with the achieve)

I haven't seen any of the new mounts just yet.. (new drake drop rate is as low as the fire bird)

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
reply to JB
We did 3 pulls on Ultrax. I'm imagine the L2R strat is fine (I read the icy-veins one. Icy-veins.com works really well with instapaper.com if you can access that site btw).

So easy a trained monkey can do it. Everyone just has to push the button at the same time. (This btw is guaranteed not to occur). Also, note that while Hour of Twilight is always a 5 second cast, Fading Light can last a random amount of time from 5 to 10 seconds, and clicking Heroic Will early will kill you.

Dominos hid the button for one of our members, so keep /click ExtraActionButton1 handy as a macro for hitting Heroic Will. Bartender handles the button well; it's its own action bar, so BT will allow you to just move it wherever.

Default UI is fine as well of course.

No word on stuff like Elv, Lui, or Tuk.

ALSO that trash is annoying as shit and takes an hour. Drakes constantly spawning and filling the platform with fire.

If there's a way to speed it up, I'd like to know. On the plus side, the Heroic Will button shows up during trash (doing nothing important), so you can test it before the fight start.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to JB
1 Shot the first 3, then I stepped out to start my 12 hour wait for stage 1 legendary progress. I think the raid 2 shot Hagara, then had a bit of trouble on Ultraxion as we had to bring in an undergeared tank alt since we one tanked the rest of the place for the night. They maybe wiped 5-6 times, then I went back in and 1 shot it(i'd like to tink because of me ) stopped for the night.

Planning on clearing tonight, and clearing H FL for another staff!

Taino

join:2010-10-15
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to JB
My ten man group one shot 3 of the first 4. Had some issues with the ping pong boss Warlord Zon'ozz but got him as well within a few pulls. Ultraxion to 5% our best attempts. Biggest issue on him is getting people to hit the button. We ended up using a macro for some people as some ui mods block the button to the get out of the twilight zone.

/click ExtraActionButton1

My overall impression is that it starts out easy and seems to ramp up. I say seems as we are still only on Ultraxion. I am looking forward to some of these on hard mode.

Some of my guildies did the LFR yesterday and noted it was extremely easy there. They went 4/4 and just brute forced healed the mechanics.

Taino

join:2010-10-15
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Nick D
We had issues with those drakes as well. We could taunt them down into melee range but only the ranged could hit them. Melee kept getting EVADE. Annoying as hell to try and tank when all I could do was taunt judge, and wait to toss my shield again.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA

1 edit
reply to JB
And 6/8 for week 1. Ultraxion doesn't fuck around with damage at the end, but the healing buffs make the raid frames look silly. Up down up down

Blackhorn was the first fight that felt like a raid fight. That was fun.

Contrary to all the other guides I read:

1. Sappers ARE stunnable. They can be slowed too, and should. RFuckers are fast.
2. Sappers land, throw down a smoke bomb, and then appear like 10 feet from the bridge. Prot warrior on that fight is so hax its not even funny.
3. Melee CAN damage the drakes if they're pulled down.
4. Shockwave requires a very fast reaction to avoid. And it does not dick around. If the boss is below 70% its more or less a 1 shot.

Jheherrin

join:2010-12-20
reply to JB
5/8 on first night with only 3 comedy wipes, one each on Zon'ozz, Hagara and Ultraxion.
We managed the ping pong acheivment on Zon'ozz without even trying because we screwed up some of the bounces.
Warmaster fight was the only one that felt worthy of being a final raid tier fight, and we should get that tonight as well.

Liver

join:2011-09-13
GU12
reply to JB
We also went 5/8 on our first night. We had 1 wipe on ping pong due to the ball travelling through the melee, aparently the ball has to travel a certain distance b4 you can bounce it back. Moved the tank back and killed it. Our raid leader was awesome at calling the buffs on Ultraxion made the fight trivial(not that its is hard to watch a buff and castbar).

Ended the night on the ship had 1 attampt but ran out of time, tonight should be dead. I started the legendary questline too last night, really looking forward to getting on tonight to decypher the code. This morning I still had 2 hours left to wait

All in all I am disappointed so far, no challenge at all! Seems like blizzard now wants, not only all chars to see all content, they now want all chars to see all hc content.

My sub will laps after this patch. I probably will buy it but not till it hits the discount bin. Blizzard is failing.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13
said by Liver:

All in all I am disappointed so far, no challenge at all! Seems like blizzard now wants, not only all chars to see all content, they now want all chars to see all hc content.

You do realize most guilds cleared 4/4 of ICC the first week it was released. First day in most cases. Most guilds would have went significantly farther but the instance was gated to prevent that. The only time where Icecrown Citadel started to feel "hard" was when you got the the wing bosses, Putricide, Lana'thel, and Sindragosa.

I look forward to seeing a bunch of posts in a few weeks about how hard mode is fucking ridiculous.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Liver

join:2011-09-13
GU12
I think we would have gone further if we had more time, with dc's and such, time was wasted. I know the HC's will probably be silly hard, but i just think blizzard got the tuning a little wrong on the easy mode first 5 bosses. Even the first 4 in ICC were not this faceroll, i dont remember a single tier i have played that the first 4/5 bosses were 1/2 shots.

They are playing to the masses again. Make it easier so even casual raiders can start hc's. In most games you have difficulty settings, most people cant/wont try the hardest setting, why make WOW any different?

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

Lincoln, NE
said by Liver:

Even the first 4 in ICC were not this faceroll, i dont remember a single tier i have played that the first 4/5 bosses were 1/2 shots.

During Wrath our mediocre Guild one shot:

First three of ICC, requiring three wipes of Saurfang the first night ICC was out. We even did Deathwhisper the most impossibly wrong way we could, and yet cleared it without a wipe. Hint, we had a hunter kiting all the adds rather than them being off tanked and nuked.

One Shot all 5 bosses of Trail of the Crusader. Yes. Even bullshit PvP boss. Yes, we had the Druid the first time we did it. Yes we did have people die that evening but we did complete every encounter in there on the first attempt.

One shot Spider and Plague wing of Naxx. One shot Sartharion (lord I hope everyone else did).

Look at that, during Wrath, with the exception of Ulduar, we one shot at least three to four bosses at the launch of a content patch. We aren't great. We're probably not even good. We just had fun raiding and seeing content.

said by Liver:

They are playing to the masses again. Make it easier so even casual raiders can start hc's. In most games you have difficulty settings, most people cant/wont try the hardest setting, why make WOW any different?

BRB, getting gun so I can shoot myself in my face.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

1 recommendation

said by JB:

Keep out the BS.... go!

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to JB
I just don't know,, Ultraxion 25 is turning to be a brick wall for us.. we stomped thru first 4 and wiping all night on this boss.

Very best attempt was at 25%, that's with all people alive at that time, healer getting their correct buffs, people doing 28-35K dps..

Did we missed anything? I don't think there's a DPS buff, is it?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
sounds like now is the time to start WoL parses. I'd love to start seeing some.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to djlar
Same here... best was 8%.............. we hit hard enrage (people blowing up and then the self destruct)

Any healers out there.. how did you do the buffs? We did holy & disc on red. Druid and pally on green and 2 x Shammy on blue, best we could come up with.
--
Here's the final bullet,

Oblivion

@208.94.89.x
Went 5/8 for the first night and ran out of time...all were 1 shots except for ultraxion he was 4 shot. Our strat for the healer buffs was
druid - red, shaman - green, disc priest - blue

I know meters don't mean much but each of the healers were throwing out around the 30k hps mark. My guild found this more of a can dps/tank click the button at the correct time than can the healers keep people alive fight.

Once we got the timing on the clicking the button, we downed it the next pull. I can go more into detail if you have specific questions.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to JB
I want to say that I am utterly unimpressed with the madness of deathwing fight. I thoguht the PTR snippets were jsut a part of the fight and that they would add more, but I should have known better.

All you do is fight some tentacles and adds and then beat on his head when hes 20% GG DUMB.. I hope heroic mode atleast feels epic..

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Oblivion
You gave the disc the haste and mana reduced buff?(Blue) Was he spamming PoH the entire time? O.o I saved that for the shammies because we scale the best with haste and I was capped at 1sec CH, so it worked out perfectly. I also blew all my mana right before it came up so it worked out awesome. You actually gain mana while casting, haha.

I may give our druid red and move our disc to green. Putting the holy priest on red was a no-brainer for me. Not sure what is best for the paladin.

At the end of the day, I just need to optimize this so we don't lose people in the last ~5-10seconds, it just became unhealable, I would love another tree.
--
Here's the final bullet,

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

Lincoln, NE
In theory if the Discipline Priest was Bubble botting he could chew through a shit ton of mana very quickly, in terms of about 7,000 mana every GCD.
--

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
I don't think it will be worth it, he would have to be able to get bubbles on everyone in ~10seconds, (that's how fast shit goes south). It's worth a shot though, I know I'm not giving up my blue buff though LOL.
--
Here's the final bullet,

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

Lincoln, NE
Not on everyone, no, but he would be able to bubble at least 10 people. :P

I mean, with the Haste and Renewed Hope you'd be beyond GCD capped. It'd be a lot of bubbles and a lot of fucking mana.

Not saying I think it'd be the ideal person for it, I think a Resto Shaman would because they do run with a lot of haste as it is, though I could see an argument for a Holy Priest perhaps, PoH is pretty powerful but even then it ain't gonna be one second powerful.
--

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
6/8 25man

Ultra was 2 shott'd and Lootship was lootship. Had a couple of attempts in on the spine, didn't seem that hard
--
Here's the final bullet,