Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_ to Mannus

Premium Member

to Mannus

Re: Say goodbye to ClearQAM

TV IMHO is a dying medium, nothing to watch but advertizements and crap. The whole thing is a waste. I'm ready to cut it and save $140.00 a month
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

The Q

said by Rob_:

TV IMHO is a dying medium, nothing to watch but advertizements and crap. The whole thing is a waste. I'm ready to cut it and save $140.00 a month

Very timely article today (link below) from today's Kansas City Star that supports your statement..

TV Set ownership declines for the first time!

»www.kansascity.com/2011/ ··· hip.html

Mannus
Premium Member
join:2005-10-25
Fort Wayne, IN

Mannus to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
I cut the cord 2.5 years ago. First 2 weeks, i went through withdrawal, but now I don't even miss it.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by Mannus:

I cut the cord 2.5 years ago. First 2 weeks, i went through withdrawal, but now I don't even miss it.

Only issue I would have would be live sports. The local broadcasts only cover the NFL well, everything else requires cable/telco. I'm a huge sport fanatic so that would be a non-starter for me.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to Mannus

MVM

to Mannus
said by Mannus:

I wonder at what point one or more of the networks will cease network broadcasting on their OTA stations. I don't mean go off the air, but air different programming that what you would see on cable/satellite/whatever-you-must-pay-for.

It will probably start with the O&O's, but could become national.

Mannus
Premium Member
join:2005-10-25
Fort Wayne, IN

Mannus to bohratom

Premium Member

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

said by Mannus:

Only issue I would have would be live sports. The local broadcasts only cover the NFL well, everything else requires cable/telco. I'm a huge sport fanatic so that would be a non-starter for me.

Not an issue for me as I don't watch sports. That's just another hook corporate america has in the masses.
mariod
join:2009-06-16

1 recommendation

mariod to Mannus

to Mannus
said by Mannus:

So then why are you trolling a Comcast cable message board?