Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal to Robotics

Premium Member

to Robotics

Re: [Troubleshooting] Network Extender

How is your signal outside your home . Perhaps a wireless cellular amplifier system will work for you . They will also do multiple carriers . Not just Verizon as a femtocell - Network extender does
heimdm
join:2008-06-22
Martinsville, IN

heimdm

I have a gen 1 network extender and got annoyed with it and ended up doing building amplifier. It works for the most part. Crimping N-connector ends is something I hope I never have to do again in my life.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics to Max Signal

Premium Member

to Max Signal
said by Max Signal:

How is your signal outside your home . Perhaps a wireless cellular amplifier system will work for you . They will also do multiple carriers . Not just Verizon as a femtocell - Network extender does

In the winter I can get two bars outside, sometimes one. During the summer it is pretty much useless...and we are in the red on their coverage map.
I suppose I will try a new one and see how that goes. Just hope it isn't a refurbished one. If it ends up being the same problem over time, I may just hang it up on cell phones and go back to a land line for the house.
Robotics

Robotics to heimdm

Premium Member

to heimdm
said by heimdm:

I have a gen 1 network extender and got annoyed with it and ended up doing building amplifier. It works for the most part. Crimping N-connector ends is something I hope I never have to do again in my life.

Were you having the same issue I'm having getting connected?
Once I can get connected mine works great. Just getting it connected is the problem (so far).
heimdm
join:2008-06-22
Martinsville, IN

heimdm

Sometimes it would have issues getting the phone to sync with it. Other times the audio quality would be less than ideal. It was kind of a bandwidth hog since it creates and IPSEC tunnel and send all the data in there.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics

Premium Member

said by heimdm:

Sometimes it would have issues getting the phone to sync with it. Other times the audio quality would be less than ideal. It was kind of a bandwidth hog since it creates and IPSEC tunnel and send all the data in there.

Interesting...I can relate to all you mentioned. My audio sometimes does sound strange...meaning strange noises in the background while in a call.

I still wonder if one of the apps I have is causing this not to connect. One of the phones in the house is an old flip phone, and nothing but a phone, and although it has been hard to get it to connect a few times, it has the best track record for connecting within seconds, compared to the "smart" phones.

Thanks for the info!