·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to David

Re: Why we have caps

said by David:

said by fifty nine:

I think the crowd here won't be happy until they get the most speed available, unlimited bandwidth with no conditions at all for a rock bottom price.

Unfortunately, I agree.

I also agree. I am not happy with the profits that the ISPs are raking in and yet not spending on their infrastructure. Yet, I am also not happy with the attitude of the consumers who want something for nothing.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

said by Nightfall:

I am not happy with the profits that the ISPs are raking in and yet not spending on their infrastructure.

Isn't there a story on the front page right now about a significant increase in DOCSIS 3.0 equipment deployment? Presumably that required some investment in infrastructure...

Lazlow

join:2006-08-07
Saint Louis, MO

Going back to the initial run of D3 being installed one of the second tier players said that it cost them less than $100/sub to switch from D2 to D3. So relative to the profits shown, they have not made any real significant investments in their infrastructure.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Crookshanks

said by Crookshanks:

said by Nightfall:

I am not happy with the profits that the ISPs are raking in and yet not spending on their infrastructure.

Isn't there a story on the front page right now about a significant increase in DOCSIS 3.0 equipment deployment? Presumably that required some investment in infrastructure...

With the millions in profit that Comcast is raking in, they should have started this investment a long time ago.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

WernerSchutz

join:2009-08-04
Sugar Land, TX
reply to Nightfall

I PAY FOR MY SERVICE. It is not "something for nothing".

It is normal to desire the most service for the cheapest price. Why is it ok for companies to gouge customers and for monopolies to flourish ?

The corporate apologists make me puke. I hope one day all of you will be rounded up and shot.