uniqs
share rss forum feed

praetoralpha

join:2005-08-06
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to FFH5

Re: A UBB plan can be designed to be revenue neutral

said by FFH5:

And that higher revenue can be used to create higher profits.

FTFY.

Monopoly think: Why waste perfectly good money on infrastructure when it can be used to make the bottom line bigger???

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by praetoralpha:

Why waste perfectly good money on infrastructure when it can be used to make the bottom line bigger???

Cable companies spend Billions every year on infrastructure upgrades. Read the annual reports.

talz13

join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH
said by FFH5:

said by praetoralpha:

Why waste perfectly good money on infrastructure when it can be used to make the bottom line bigger???

Cable companies spend Billions every year on infrastructure upgrades. Read the annual reports.

Has their infrastructure spending in absolute dollars increased proportionally as their customer base and revenues have increased?

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to FFH5
I honestly wouldn't know it based upon what I see locally. Many of our utilities seem to be operating on a skeleton maintenance budget.

Rekrul

join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT
reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

And yet somehow, all of their upgrades are crippled by a handful of users running BitTorrent. Or so they claim...

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06

1 edit
reply to FFH5
For TWC I see only $150 million devoted to upgrades of their $18 billion business. There are a few billion more for maintenance, subscriber boxes, and expansion, but those don't improve customer service to justify massive rate increases. It also appears that TWC's cost of bandwidth per data customer is about $1 per month!