share rss forum feed
elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink

Wishful Thinking Bloggers?

"Except as we've noted for years, carriers aren't really interested in truly cost-conscious, usage-based options, because a carrier loses money. Were a "light" customer who currently pays $50-$60 a month for service suddenly be offered an option where they only paid for what they use, they'd wind up paying $5-$10 a month"

TWC's offering was $15/month, shouted down by so-called consumer advocates. even before ACTUAL customers had a chance to subscribe it.

Thanks to the actions of loud-mouth pundits, a large percentage of low-volume users are paying double or triple what they would have. Thanks heaps, Karl.
Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Re: Wishful Thinking Bloggers?

Are you sure that it wasnt shouted down by an astroturf group being paid by TWC to give the very illusion you are claiming?

You do realize that is a perfectly viable explanation and certainly is not beyond the moral standards of these companies.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
The only $15/month I ever saw from TWC was more to the tune of $20/month, and it only covered local channels - the ones we could pick up with antennas. Having a choice of $15-20/month for otherwise free content isn't really much of an offering.
elray

Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink

said by Thaler:

The only $15/month I ever saw from TWC was more to the tune of $20/month, and it only covered local channels - the ones we could pick up with antennas. Having a choice of $15-20/month for otherwise free content isn't really much of an offering.

The reason you didn't see it, is the alleged "consumer advocates", claiming to speak for "all of us", made enough noise to make it go away before it was even so disclosed. The offering was for cable internet, not pay-tv.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

Ah, well I haven't seen $15-20 a month internet through TWC either - not even a listing.
sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
said by elray:

said by Thaler:

The reason you didn't see it, is the alleged "consumer advocates", claiming to speak for "all of us", made enough noise to make it go away before it was even so disclosed. The offering was for cable internet, not pay-tv.

And from the life-long corporate shill not a single citation to be found.
elray

Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink

said by sonicmerlin:

said by elray:

said by Thaler:

And from the life-long corporate shill not a single citation to be found.

Nice try. It was widely reported.

»Time Warner Cable Offers Weak Concessions