uniqs

LLStarks
Premium Member
join:2003-12-03
Roslyn, NY

LLStarks

Premium Member

New firmware for SB5100

My modem has been acting strangely for the past few weeks if the log messages are anything to believe.

Guess what came yesterday.

2011-11-30 17:08:13 6-Notice E112.0 SW download Successful - Via Config file
2011-11-30 17:07:52 6-Notice E102.0 SW Download INIT - Via Config file ****-bc=1-reg=LI-ver=docsis2.0-mfg=Moto-sb5100

Software Version: SB5100-2.3.8.1-GA-01-NOSH
Hardware Version: 3
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0
VxWorks Version: 5.4

n2jtx
join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx

Yes I have that one too. Not sure when I got it. Was without power from 12:25pm to around 6pm yesterday and there is nothing in my modems' logs about it.

LLStarks
Premium Member
join:2003-12-03
Roslyn, NY

LLStarks

Premium Member

Speed provisioning is the same according to docsisdiag, so I'm not sure what changed.

The last hurrah for an old modem?

n2jtx
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx

said by LLStarks:

Speed provisioning is the same according to docsisdiag, so I'm not sure what changed.

The last hurrah for an old modem?

Perhaps. I am on the basic tier so there is no reason to upgrade unless they need me on DOCSIS 3.0. Technically I own the modem as I got OOL back when you had to purchase your modem at The Wiz. I had an SB4100 and had to upgrade in order to get the 15/2 speeds. I asked them how that was handled and they said they would swap modems and to keep all the paperwork to trace the serial numbers back to the original purchase. So I do...
cablewizzard
join:2009-06-14
Woodbury, NY

cablewizzard to n2jtx

to n2jtx
said by n2jtx:

Yes I have that one too. Not sure when I got it. Was without power from 12:25pm to around 6pm yesterday and there is nothing in my modems' logs about it.

Yeah, first-gen 2.0 modem that is end-of-lifed.

The 2.3.8.1 code has been out for quite some time - a good 2 years. Your modem receiving this on startup means that your modem's flash is likely defective, and is running an older version.
What does DOCSDIAG say you actually have running?

n2jtx
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx

said by cablewizzard:

said by n2jtx:

Yeah, first-gen 2.0 modem that is end-of-lifed.

The 2.3.8.1 code has been out for quite some time - a good 2 years. Your modem receiving this on startup means that your modem's flash is likely defective, and is running an older version.
What does DOCSDIAG say you actually have running?

I am not the one who just got it. That would be the OP. I noted that I have it and it appears I have had it for some time now.