how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bionemesis

join:2004-12-07
Calgary, AB
reply to inasmuch

Re: [AB] Tired of SHAW - looking at TELUS: your experience?

Like many things, the services provided by both Shaw and Telus vary wildly between locations. We have been with Telus for about 9 months now and couldn't be happier. The internet is fast and their Optik TV blows away Shaw (I actually prefer the way Telus handles compression vs Shaw .. this is on a 150" home theater).

But, I'm in Calgary and not on DSL technology. My house is wired with fibre optic. People I know with Telus in Calgary, Edmonton and Fort McMurray who are running on older DSL technology have complained about the service. Location, location, location.

I will say this. In the 3 times I've dealt with Telus (1 technical, 2 billing) post-install, the customer service has been fantastic. And in all cases I waited only a few minutes to speak with someone. My $0.02.

RogueMonk
Premium
join:2003-02-11
Stoney Creek, ON
kudos:1
I switched to Telus a few months ago. I like it better than I did Shaw.

inasmuch

join:2011-11-30
Picture Butte, AB
reply to bionemesis
thanks! sadly i wouldn't get more than a 1 to 6mbps download service here with Telus, or I'd make the switch. btw the Shaw guy came today, looked and saw, and said they'd book me for next spring to bury/protect the cable running over the ground...

Patman023
Ex-TELUS employee, Ubuntu Lover

join:2009-03-01
Edmonton, AB
hit up a Home Despot or w/e and get some pink and yellow survey flagging. tie some (leave long ends) every 2 meters or so. that way it's somewhat visible...

inasmuch

join:2011-11-30
Picture Butte, AB
thanks for the tip!