uniqs
share rss forum feed

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to verizon12345

Re: Karl although I love your commentary..

said by verizon12345 :

You always write one-sided stories.

In your dramas all telcos are evil and everyone else is working for the better good of the people.

The FCC report was actually just a draft and full of conjecture. I'm not sure why the FCC even published a "draft," since it was not a full report nor was it even voted upon.

There are always 2 sides to each story. Both the FCC and AT&T stories have holes but only one side is pointed out.

I have no confidence in the FCC They are politically motivated, just like the phone companies and are more interested in getting re-elected then serving the public good.

T-Mobile has been losing customers for over 2 years. Tell me how they are such a competitive disruptive force in our industry?

DT has no plans to pour the billions and billions in capital required to build out a nationwide LTE network for T-Mobile much less fill in all their GPRS only areas with HSPA +. How is a company like this in any good shape to operate competitively on its own?

The FCC themselves have stated the "dire needs," of spectrum needed by wireless telcos like AT&T yet in the same draft they claim they have "more than enough." Total discrepancy here.

Again all the "what if's," and "what not's," are all conjecture on anyone's part. You can hate AT&T and everything associated with them but the statements made by the FCC don't add up either and people will continue to believe only what they want to regardless of merit or facts.

The FCC report just reasserts what we (consumers) have experienced for years and decades.

• 1. That at&t are thieves.

• 2. That at&t will destroy US jobs after and before the merger.

• 3. That at&t are parasites seeking special treatment from the government.

• 4. That at&t lied about the merger and continue to lie.

• 5. That at&t is too lazy and short sighted to build a competitive wireless network by themselves.

jlibuszowski
Premium
join:2005-10-25
Hoffman Estates, IL
said by etaadmin:

• 1. That at&t are thieves.

• 2. That at&t will destroy US jobs after and before the merger.

• 3. That at&t are parasites seeking special treatment from the government.

• 4. That at&t lied about the merger and continue to lie.

• 5. That at&t is too lazy and short sighted to build a competitive wireless network by themselves.

+1 I worked for AT&T, and while I have nothing against them, and still to this day do promote and sell their products. I will say that their labor practices HR department is a JOKE. They have a history of settlements and lawsuits against violating employee's labor rights. They use cry babies like Mr. Jim Cicconi to peddle BS for them, which even AT&T's own company executive management have reputedly publically come out and contradict! Well, if they invested in their network, trained their employee's properly, actually knew what they where doing, then maybe.. But they simply don't! Worse yet the company is LAZY and the vast amount of their employee's I worked with where LAZY and could not read or write. Even simple legal matters related to how services are installed, the people they put in charge, where illiterate, and just wasted everyone's time..

Heck I got a call from one of their Datacenter group a couple years ago –trying to pitch services to me and on behalf of the clients I represent. And… The guy had no clue and he was in charge of selling services. He claimed they where a SAS70 datacenter. Except, I really could care less about it, since its a check list and it stops there, especially since AT&T looses SSN# and their own management records constantly. So clearly they have no clue on how to protect PII data. Especially, since just about anyone can walk into their facilities without even the cursory glance. Steal a laptop, pop their limited laptop security in 5 seconds and have a treasure trove of financial info due to their ‘lack of STRONG encryption and proper security protocol training and enforcement. But getting back to the story, their own rep- couldnt even tell me what SAS70 was after I was on the phone for 30 minutes I mean damn, at least use Google to pull up a definition… Just WoW!

References: »www.networkworld.com/community/node/28453

»www.internetnews.com/bus-news/ar···/3629236.