how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

marffin

join:2011-11-25
Albuquerque, NM

[Rant] The Rant of Comcast

This is an e-mail that I sent 2 days ago.

I want to know why your customer service people lied to me about getting a new DVR box that works with the caller ID setup. I have talked to at least 3 people that said that I need to take my box in and change it for a new one that will work with the caller ID. I even called this morning to make sure that the place that I need to exchange the box had one that used caller ID. I STOOD IN LINE FOR OVER 2 HOURS AND WHEN I GOT TO THE PERSON SHE SAID THAT WE HERE IN ALBUQUERQUE DO NOT HAVE THAT SERVICE! And she was very rude to me asking “well what do you want me to do”! What is wrong with you people? I spent 2 hours in line to find out that your customer service people lied to me, and what do I get? I have a bad back and just getting over a cold, but I knew that I would be standing in line for at least 1 hour, but what the hell, I just upgraded my services to the triple play with phone, and now I not sure that I can trust you people that I can get a correct answer to my problems.
I think I am due for more that "Sorry about that", but like any big company you can get away with anything.

So there you have it one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.
I received a reply yesterday and it said that not all areas have the caller ID system, and that I should of check it out first with the local Comcast, but I didn't know the local number because Comcast wants you to call the main number only, also I requested a 6 month rebate on my service, but as you know that won’t happen.
If I could I would change, but my other options are Qwest, and there are just as bad.
That’s life with big corporations.
marffin

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10

1 recommendation

As much as it sucks to be disappointed, why would you bother to go to the Comcast office when you are getting over a cold & have a bad back? Stay home & go later.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

1 recommendation

reply to marffin
The didn't lie to you- they simply didn't have the correct information. Same end result for you, but don't accuse people of lying.

marffin

Albuquerque, NM
Maybe it's not a lie, but the people at Comcast are not together, yesterday I had a tech. out to check my cable line, and I told him about what happened, and he said that they consolidated their service offices the people don't know what the other places have or not have, I even talked to a customer rep. that day and even he said that all that had to do was check to see if my area had that system. So because Comcast wanted to save money and cut jobs, we the customers suffer!
As for going to their office I was told that I needed to take my box back to them to get the correct box. I new that I would be there for awhile, so I planned for it. What I didn't expect was the rude and nasty people telling me that they don't have that system and go away!

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
reply to marffin
said by marffin:

... but I didn't know the local number because Comcast wants you to call the main number only

Yep ... same situation here. The local phone number for the Comcast Office here, which *had* been in place and working for decades, now automatically connects you to the "main" customer service line, which is pretty much useless for resolving a local issue or question.

I once had a furniture delivery truck, making a delivery across the street, back out and catch the Comcast cable strung on the pole and stretch it to the point that I could not get out of my driveway in my pickup truck without getting out of the truck at the end of my driveway, physically pushing the cable over the cab of the truck and then pulling out onto the rural road ... and then doing the same thing upon returning, a fairly dangerous situation if traffic was coming behind me as I turned in.

I called a half-dozen times to report this problem, each time being re-directed to the "main" customer service line and being assured that they would have it taken care of immediately ... all bullshit. It took six weeks for a Comcast crew to finally show up to repair the damage.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
The system will forward you to the national call center if the local center's queue is full or too high.

The national call center should be able to resolve issues like down cables, and scheduling technicians. Unfortunately, the national call center, at times, can handle some of these issues by submitting a request to the local center to handle.

I wouldn't blame the national call center, as all they can do is put the requests in. The local office sometimes does not do their part to handle the requests submitted by the national call center.

This is an issue that many companies face - they are not empowering their employees (at all levels) to be able to take control of a situation and see it through.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA
reply to newview
Out here where I live, and in two other locations in this area the Comcast local office's numbers are unlisted. (Louisa, Culpeper, Richmond) And not posted on the monthly bills.
You couldn't get any of the numbers to save your life. I have always thought this was a joke, being my local office is about a 58 mile drive one way, and there has been times the person on the 800 # has suggested going to my local office to resolve it.
--
Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
I'm lucky. I have the phone number for my very large local office. How did I get it you may ask? One of my fellow train commuters works at Comcast HQ. The person even gave me a contact name there. Could not have gotten it any other way.

Comcast Guy

join:2008-01-16
Harrisburg, PA
The numbers for the front counters aren't meant for customer use. At least they aren't here in our area.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Comcast Guy:

The numbers for the front counters aren't meant for customer use. At least they aren't here in our area.

I know.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to marffin
CallerID isn't that important. Why you would goto the office to pick up a box with a bad back and cold is beyond me.

6 month credit for that is fairly absurd, so that won't happen.
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my former employer.

marffin

Albuquerque, NM
Your right, caller id isn't that important, but I had planned on going because I thought it might be useful. As for the 6 month credit I got a call from them yesterday and she said that they would credit me $20 for 6 months, not too bad. But that’s not the point, the point is that for all the importance that Comcast gives about their customer service this was a real crock.
They need to get their s##t together, but again their Comcast.

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
reply to marffin
It's a systematic lack of communication and apathy on the part of the employees. Like the multiple times I called to have an approved modem installed on a business account and over the phone they say sure no problem and then the "tech" shows up and says he's never seen a comcast approved modem used on a business account!
--
PRescott7-2097