|reply to Stumbles |
Re: DSL Reports Need Unbiased Reporting
While those facts may be true, its also:
1. A US based company purchasing the assets of a foreign owned company (DTelecom).
2. DT has already stated that they want to pull out of the US.
AT&T probably should have let T-Mobile, its customers, employees, and everything it has drop in value (contributing to the already bad economy), and pick over the bones of T-Mobile after it is worth less that it is (and was).
- Sprint can't afford T-Mobile
- VZW could but probably wouldn't want or need to (have to convert all those GSM/HSPA+ subs to CDMA / LTE)
- Regionals couldn't afford it.
This leaves the following options:
1. T-Mobile gets its 'bailout' from AT&T failure as well as spectrum, and becomes a regional/urban only carrier similar to Metro PCS/
2. T-Mobile / AT&T will become a 'big' company (kinda like how VZW is Verizon + Vodafone).