All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
suceress
join:2008-04-04

suceress to ArizonaSteve

to ArizonaSteve

Re: Formerly Unlimited (really) 3G card

Millenicom has a tech chat on their website where you can ask questions ahead of time.

I went over and asked them numerous questions.

If you already have a sprint 3G modem (can't be 4G or 3G/4G hybrid) you sign up and pay the $49 activation fee plus the monthly fee of $69.99 (which is still cheaper than my monthly bill from Hughesnet). If, within 24 hours of activation, you find that it does not work you can contact them to cancel the service for a full refund. If Sprint works for you already then you can be fairly certain Millenicom will work because it just brokers a deal with Sprint to use the 3G stuff.

criggs, I should have specified that I meant you should request a credit to your account IF they go ahead and violate your contract. But do be sure to let them know of your intentions in writing. You may want to send the letter certified return receipt so they can't claim they never got the letter. Have your lawyer friend confirm that you signed and sent the letter if they try to give you grief.

How do you check your usage btw? I know that Hughesnet has a thing to tell you the hourly usage although it has a problem because it miscalculates a lot.

The opera thing sounds cool. I wish I could stream music and such on Hughesnet, but it sucks too much for that. Hence my intention to get a new ISP asap.
criggs
join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

criggs

said by suceress:

I meant you should request a credit to your account IF they go ahead and violate your contract. But do be sure to let them know of your intentions in writing. You may want to send the letter certified return receipt so they can't claim they never got the letter. Have your lawyer friend confirm that you signed and sent the letter if they try to give you grief.

Good advice; thank you.
said by suceress:

The opera thing sounds cool. I wish I could stream music and such on Hughesnet, but it sucks too much for that. Hence my intention to get a new ISP asap.

If you're an opera fan, I suspect you'll really like my brother's web site, »:OperaCast.com . It is a program guide for all live operatic programming around the planet that's available on line, with links to all the live streams. Invaluable. I leave one of my browser windows on their schedule pages every Saturday and Sunday, which are the busiest opera broadcast days of the week.